Season 3 Sound Clips

Started by hardygirl847, June 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- yet another long forgotten series seems to be getting looked at by Universal again- http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Coach-Season-4/14754

This is just on rumor status for the moment, but according to an email a fan got back from Universal, the very, very late '80s and mainly early '90s sitcom Coach will be finally getting its 4th. Season on DVD on March 15, 2011.

Considering that it's been close to three years since this series has gotten a release, I think this is another good sign from Universal. Again, I'm just speculating, but it is encouraging to see that they are bringing back shows that had been languishing for a while- first Airwolf, then Columbo (which is more in the genre of the show we're wanting!) and now maybe Coach. Plus, they just recently released the 12th. (and final) season of Murder, She Wrote to DVD. (Though hopefully the TV-movies will get a release too.) So they're wrapping up with classic mystery series like Columbo and Murder, She Wrote and reviving (and in some cases, finishing off) long seemingly abandoned series like Airwolf and Coach. It's still just speculation on my part, but I can't help but think maybe they're gearing up to finally complete The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on DVD with the 3rd. (and final) Season? Okay, so maybe it's wishful thinking too, but I'm really hoping it will be released sometime this coming year!
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

By the way- just saw this update- http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Coach-Season-4/14754
Coach Season 4 has been confirmed as being released by Universal Studios for that date.
Again, it just encourages me for the prospects of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, just for fun and just to see, I emailed Universal again. Here's the reply I got:

Thank you for your most recent email.

Unfortunately, no announcements have been made regarding "The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries" since you last contacted us.

We appreciate your continued interest and have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Kinda disappointing at the outset, but it's basically the same generic line you get most every time. However, they pointed out that no announcements have made yet. It doesn't mean an announcement will be made anytime soon, but at the same time it might also be that they're not ready to make an announcement. I have heard of other fans getting direct answers with release dates for other titles on DVD through email from companies before. So they may still be working towards a Season 3 release for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- only time will tell. If nothing else, it can't hurt to email Universal and ask them about it so that they can see there are a number of fans out there waiting for this release. You can contact them here- http://www.universalstudiosentertainment.com/contact-us.php  If you're on FaceBook, you can also "like" their page and post questions about it there too.

MacGyver

Okay, and this is off-topic here, but I thought this would be a fitting place for it.
http://robotceleb.com/news/25491-11042010-video-watch-shaun-cassidy-perform-live-oprah.html

Apparently, Shaun Cassidy made an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show (which is in its last season now, by the way- I didn't realize this until just today- and apparently the show's been around for 25 years.) Anyway- he was on the show about Teen Heartthrobs somewhere around November 4, 2010 and actually performed some of his classic hit songs- including ones performed on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries like "Da Doo Ron Ron" and "That's Rock and Roll". For the last 20 years or so, he's largely stayed out of the public eye and steadily worked as a TV producer, creating some excellent shows like American Gothic and Roar and the recent Ruby and the Rockits- among others.
         You can see a video clip of at least some of Shaun Cassidy's appearance at the link above. I'm kinda disappointed that the blogger apparently didn't know who the guy is- of course, he's easily known to me both for being a pop star singer from the '70s (and a teen hearthrob for the girls), creator of the TV shows I mentioned and of course- starring on the Breaking Away TV show adaptation of the hit 1979 movie! :D  Okay- and slightly more known for being Joe Hardy on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries 8) And he did a great job of it. One thing I definitely like about him is how well grounded he is and how he never let fame or celebrity go to his head- and he in fact walked away from it for the most part- and is content with working behind the scenes and being a good husband and father. I definitely respect him for that- he's never been in trouble with the law that I know of and presents a good role model. Ironically (and sadly) on the same day that he was showing up on Oprah's show, his half-brother, David, (of The Partridge Family fame) got a DUI for drunken driving.

Olivia

Thanks for sharing. That should be interesting.

Yeah, his brother David Cassidy has had (for lack of a better term) a "troubled" life. I read his autobiography a while ago (before I even knew who he was), and that's where I discovered they were half-brothers. David was actually offered the part of Joe Hardy, but he turned it down (I can't remember why -- I think he was tired of TV at that point) and suggested Shaun.

I caught a random episode of Murder, She Wrote (from the '80's) a few months ago and to my surprise, Shaun Cassidy was on the episode. His character figured out the murder even though he wasn't playing a detective. Shaun did an excellent job.

MacGyver

The clip was taken down from Youtube- but you can watch it directly at Oprah's site- http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Shaun-Cassidys-Greatest-Hits-Video

This was such a cute video- it was really fun seeing Shaun Cassidy perform his songs again and it's very cool that he was totally willing to do such an appearance. It would be really nice if he would ever venture to foray back into acting again for a bit- it would be nice to see him do a movie with Parker Stevenson. (I honestly think a clean version of "The Hardy Men" with him and Parker as midlife crisis Hardys could be really funny. I'd rather see that than the proposed version anyway.) Parker Stevenson and Pamela Sue Martin recently starred together in a movie, by the way- "McTaggart's Fortune", I believe it's called. I'm guessing it's probably a TV-movie deal- kinda sounds like a cheaper ripoff of The Goonies but I'd still like to see it just to see Frank and Nancy together again. :D

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on December 06, 2010, 11:33:07 PM
(I honestly think a clean version of "The Hardy Men" with him and Parker as midlife crisis Hardys could be really funny. I'd rather see that than the proposed version anyway.) Parker Stevenson and Pamela Sue Martin recently starred together in a movie, by the way- "McTaggart's Fortune", I believe it's called. I'm guessing it's probably a TV-movie deal- kinda sounds like a cheaper ripoff of The Goonies but I'd still like to see it just to see Frank and Nancy together again. :D

I rather Shaun and Parker do it, for sure.

It took two years, but a film with Parker and Pamela called Our Time (it was before ND/HBs) finally came out on dvd (there was only expensive VHS copies before). I'll post about it in the "Movies" section later. I was so excited to finally get it.

I heard about that movie! I hope it see it. Then I'll have seen them from the beginning (1974) to now.

MacGyver

Cool to know. 8)
Whoa- quite a few folks from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries were in this movie. Parker Stevenson, Pamela Sue Martin, George O'Hanlon, Jr. and Edith Atwater! (Frank Hardy, Nancy Drew, Ned Nickerson, and Aunt Gertrude, respectively.)
And for another quick trivia note- Edith Atwater portrayed Aunt Gertude Hardy on this TV show in the '70s and she also portrayed another Aunt Gertude in her last appearance- an episode of Family Ties called "Auntie Up". Her character on this show was Gertrude "Aunt Trudy" Harris. I just thought that was a neat bit of irony. :)

hardygirl847

So much to respond to.... :)

*Universal's response is not surprising. but I'm not giving up hope. I may be 40 before it comes out, but I'll still buy it! Btw, that would mean it would come out in 13 yrs. lol I would prefer 1-3. :) I don't like waiting.

*Shaun was fun on the Oprah show. He seems like a really nice family oriented guy. The ladies went CRAZY for him and especially when he sang some of his songs. His smile is definitely the same. Everytime I saw his smile, I thought OMGosh IT'S JOE HARDY! lol I don't remember hearing about David though. Interesting. And obviously not a good thing.

*I didn't know David was up for the role of Joe. I actually don't see him as Joe at all. I really think Shaun worked out for the best.

*I've heard of Our Time being mentioned somewhere before. I haven't actually seen it or even seen a copy of it. Maybe I can hunt it down on the internet. I did watch Parker in a movie...I forget what it was called but he was a lifeguard. Maybe it was called Lifeguard....Hmm...oh well. I will have to look for the newer movie you're talking about.

*Shaun and Parker vs Ben and Tom?? Well, Shaun and Parker WERE the Hardys and I think Ben/Tom are nothing like them. So I definitely vote for a reunion!

*Aww good ol' Aunt Gertrude. I am guessing the folks at Family Ties thought it would a fun nod to her role at Ms. Hardy. Very cute...and yes, ironic. Although it could have been planned. :)

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

QuoteI did watch Parker in a movie...I forget what it was called but he was a lifeguard. Maybe it was called Lifeguard....Hmm...oh well. I will have to look for the newer movie you're talking about.
Parker Stevenson played a lifeguard called Craig Pomeroy on the kinda obscure and little known 1989-2001 show Baywatch for a few years. ;)

hardygirl847

I know he did, lol but he was in a movie before Hardy Boys too. Okay I checked. The movie was Lifeguard. Sam Elliot was the main character but Parker played an almost always half naked younger lifeguard. Not the best movie in the world, but he wasn't bad to look at. lol

Darn...now I need a Parker fix. Time to search good ol' Netflix. :)

MacGyver

Sorry- I couldn't resist a Baywatch joke- I did like Parker Stevenson's character pretty well on that show though. It was actually a pretty good show when it first started- somewhere along the line it did turn into more of the title of MAD Magazine's parody- "Babewatch" than anything else, so I didn't really watch it so much anymore. But I was cool with it up to about the mid-90s, when they started doing the Baywatch Nights spin-off. I used to watch that some too. It's amazing how long that show ran and the vast majority of it (save the first season on NBC) was in syndication! Mitch Buchanon and the lifeguard gang- ah yes! 'Cause I'm always there, I won't let you out of my sight! :) Of course, even so, David Hasselhoff will always be Michael Knight on the original classic Knight Rider to me. 8)

MacGyver

By the way, you can get a copy of Lifeguard on DVD at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Lifeguard-Sam-Elliott/dp/B0008KLVBO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1292012307&sr=8-3

but new and used prices seem to be kinda high, so you might prefer just to use the "watch it now" option for 10 bucks.

MacGyver

I just found this ABC promo from 1979 for a Season 3 episode of The Hardy Boys - it looks like it's "Defection to Paradise" (Parts 1 and 2)- I'm not sure which. Also included is a promo for a little remembered Andy Griffith show- Salvage 1. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbWNhe1J2c&feature=related