October 7, 1972 Leslie McFarlane Interview

Started by tomswift2002, March 08, 2010, 04:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Some one posted this link to an interview with Leslie McFarlane that he did with the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) on October 7, 1972 on another group, but I thought you guys would be interested in it here.  It is audio only so there is no video.

http://archives.cbc.ca/on_this_day/09/06/
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I FINALLY was able to listen to this! It didn't work the first few times I tried. But I am glad I tried again. THANKS!!!! :)

"Bayport...located somewhere between New York and Florida..."  :) That narrows it down. hehe

Leslie McFarlane was lucky to have the Hardys as an assignment. Wow...interesting how it all came to be.  Only $125 a book?! WHAT?! Back then it was a lot I know. He didn't get any royalties...?!  :o

I wonder what he would think about my fave, the Casefiles? They definitely have a lot of violence and danger. Hmm...would he approve?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I haven't read any of Leslie's books in awhile, but I do remember a bit more violence then you might think from hearing the interview. Plus, in the Leslie's books the, sometimes, Hardys carry firearms which doesn't even happen much in the Casefiles.

tomswift2002

In Leslie McFarlane's version of The Mystery of Cabin Island the Hardy's and their friends actually go on a fox hunt and kill two foxes with rifles.  Plus in McFarlane's version of The Great Airport Mystery the boys even board a plane with pistols in their belts.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

And in The Secret of the Caves, the Hardys and their chums take firearms on a camping trip.

hardygirl847

Perhaps he forgot about these things when he was being interviewed? He was asked a particular question about a book and he said he didn't know and didn't care. To us, we hang on every word and note every detail. Perhaps Leslie didn't see it as so...

Even if they carried guns or used them for hunting...that is still very different than using them in a fight or the other types of violence that happened in the Casefiles. I believe my comment was based on something he said in the interview. I'll have to check later...eyeballs are swimming.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)