The Hardy Boys - S2E7 - The Doctor's Orders

Started by SkyWarp, April 11, 2022, 08:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

This is my favorite episode of all of them so far.  Things have been revealed and new mysteries abound. 

The forced relationship stuff was left out and normal relationship concerns were included. 

River Heights gets a phone book "mention" and if we compare the size of its phone book to the others in the list, it seems like a pretty small town.  I would guess about the size of Bridgeport, but we didn't get a phone book of Bridgeport to compare.  So we can only compare it to Dixon City, Gresham, and a city named Ducksworth.  Anyone know where Ducksworth comes from?   Almost everything in this series is connected to something. I just don't know what this one could be. 

The end credits talk about a Ms. Kane.  Who is Ms. Kane?  It's probably something obvious, but I didn't get it.  Also, who is Nurse Cody?  I would like to assume the nurse that Phil talks to when handing in the ID badge.  But I don't want to put that into the encyclopedia without knowing for sure. 

I hope the rest of the episodes are more like this one. 

Raven

The later episodes have more action in them. I also couldn't help noticing that Fenton always gets the more exciting scenes.

MacGyver

This episode was indeed great! There were things uncovered and still more questions that developed. It's nice to see that Chet talked with Frank and Callie about the way their relationship developed after he broke up with Callie.
   I like how each member of the group has helped contribute in some way and how others have helped solve the mystery beyond just Frank and Joe. Callie taking an active role seems very much in keeping with the Casefiles.
   I also appreciated hearing another 1980s song, this one being We Got The Beat by The Go-Gos. This fit well with the "heist" scene, which was great. I also love to see how Phil has telephone books from different cities, Frank uses a payphone to call Joe and Joe uses walkie talkies to coordinate with the gang. I love that the series keeps things in this era in the 1980s.
It's also neat seeing everything tie in together as clues are discovered in different places.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"