The Hardy Boys - S1E1 - Welcome to Your Life

Started by SkyWarp, December 04, 2020, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

My phone don't know how to spell her name! Ugh. Sorry.

tomswift2002

Quote from: TorchwoodCardiff on October 16, 2021, 03:45:18 PM

Aunt Turdy is totally throwing me, Does anyone else have this feeling? She's like in her 30's, not how I thought she'd be.

In the books Aunt Gertrude is suppose to be about 20 years older than Fenton.  She's always been described as being in her mid-60's, around 63-67 years old, while Fenton was suppose to be in his mid-40's.

It's rare for siblings to have such an age range, but I do know a few people where they are the youngest or one of the youngest and the oldest is like 20 years older.  So it's not unheard of.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Quote from: TorchwoodCardiff on October 17, 2021, 12:22:50 AM
My phone don't know how to spell her name! Ugh. Sorry.

It's fine. I figured it was a simple autocorrect typo. I just thought it was funny. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 17, 2021, 10:13:14 AM
In the books Aunt Gertrude is suppose to be about 20 years older than Fenton.  She's always been described as being in her mid-60's, around 63-67 years old, while Fenton was suppose to be in his mid-40's.

It's rare for siblings to have such an age range, but I do know a few people where they are the youngest or one of the youngest and the oldest is like 20 years older.  So it's not unheard of.

Yeah, and in the show she's like I'd say late 30's early 40's. Does anyone else think she and Jess might be more then just friends? They seem awfully close.

MacGyver

I think they're just close friends because it's totally possible to have deeply close and loving platonic friendships with people of the same sex or opposite sex.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on October 18, 2021, 04:15:23 PM
I think they're just close friends because it's totally possible to have deeply close and loving platonic friendships with people of the same sex or opposite sex.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. It's just hard to not think the other way these days, unfortunately.  :-\

NZone

Maybe, maybe not. I refer to her as vaguely lesbian.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

MacGyver

Quote from: TorchwoodCardiff on October 18, 2021, 05:24:24 PM

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. It's just hard to not think the other way these days, unfortunately.  :-\
Yes, I know what you mean. It's sad to see sexual immorality in all its many forms so prominently displayed in so much of entertainment media today.  :(