Discrepancy with Chief Peterson

Started by SkyWarp, January 18, 2019, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

I am currently reading Casefile #32, Blood Money, and notice that the author says the boys have not seen Chief Peterson since "Edge of Destruction" which supposedly took place "several months before".   

But Chief Peterson does make an appearance in Casefile #21 Street Spies.  And in Street Spies it says that Edge of Destruction took place at least a whole year before Street Spies. 

Obviously some editor didn't do their job, but could one make the argument that Street Spies takes place after Blood Money? 

MacGyver

Different Peterson. They were obviously referring to Sgt. Peterson of Chicago PD.  ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I just finished re-reading Street Spies a few days ago.  It stated that Dead On Target & Edge of Destruction took place well over a year before the events of Street Spies, and yet Frank and Joe are still mentioned as being 17 & 18, which they were in DOT & EOD.  I'm assuming that in Street Spies Frank and Joe are 19 & 18, respectively, and for the rest of the series, despite being mentioning that they are 18 & 17, they are actualy 19 & 18, possible as old as 22 & 21 (as stated on the 1995 Hardy Boys/I] TV series).  I'll try to post a 30th Anniversary review for Street Spies in the coming days.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca