Full Names of the Boys

Started by hardygirl847, November 12, 2009, 01:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Does anyone know the full names of the boys or if they were ever mentioned in the books? The most I've ever seen was Joseph for Joe. But I've been reading a lot of fanfic recently and some people give them full names. For example, Frank=Franklin. Is there some basis for this or is someone just making it up for their own story?

I realize that Joseph for Joe is obvious but is their middle names ever mentioned or Frank's full name? I always thought it was just Frank...

PLEASE don't tell me it's Francis or something like that...I will NOT be happy! lol
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Fenlaur

I believe that Frank's full name is just Frank. Joe's is Joseph, but in all the books I've read, Frank's name is the same.
FENLAUR

SkyWarp

I think one of the casefiles has a bad guy mention Frank by "Franklin" but beyond that I don't ever recall any reputable character in any book mentioning something other than Frank.

SDLagent

I've always thought "Frank" was his full first name. In the 1920s that was a pretty popular name, in fact my grandpa was named Frank. Plus, I've never seen "Franklin" or anything like that in any of the books.

Joe's full name is "Joseph". Both the originals and the Casefiles mention this, I think. In one of the UB, Frank says Joe's middle name is "Irving".

hardygirl847

I would agree that Frank is and should be just "Frank". Joe's middle name being Irving? No way. lol I don't see it.

Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure the fanfic with Franklin Davis as his full name was made up.  :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

NancyDrew

Quote from: SDLagent on November 17, 2009, 11:01:03 PM
I've always thought "Frank" was his full first name. In the 1920s that was a pretty popular name, in fact my grandpa was named Frank. Plus, I've never seen "Franklin" or anything like that in any of the books.

Joe's full name is "Joseph". Both the originals and the Casefiles mention this, I think. In one of the UB, Frank says Joe's middle name is "Irving".

Yeah, I've never once heard Frank's middle name. I'm not even sure if it's Franklin or not. lol You'd think we'd know that after 80 years huh? lol But yeah, Joe's full name has been currently established as Joseph Irving Hardy.

hardygirl847

*Sighs* Irving for sure huh? Well I guess that makes more sense as they originated in the 20s. Good to know though...thanks!

SDLagent

Yeah, that makes sense, hardygirl847. Weird thing is, though, his middle names wasn't mentioned until the 2000s! In the same series they modernized Gertrude's name to Trudy. Go figure.

hardygirl847

SDLagent...I didn't realize that! Either way, I have a hard time picturing Joseph Irving Hardy as his name. You would think he would get picked on or something about that...I'm not saying anything against the name itself...just that it doesn't fit with Joe. That's just my opinion. Perhaps Frank and Joe were created without full/middle names because it doesn't really matter. No one really uses their full names (minus a few "Josephs" here and there)...Oh well.

Jokerette

well, in one of the originals, frank and joe called themselves francessca and josephine hardy. since joseph is close to josephine, one might suspect that frank's full name might be francis. though, really, what else would he have called himself? but if his name really is francis, well...it'd suck!  :(  no offense to any of the francises out there! ;D ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

hardygirl847

Quote from: RevWolfX on December 31, 2009, 11:13:04 AM
well, in one of the originals, frank and joe called themselves francessca and josephine hardy. since joseph is close to josephine, one might suspect that frank's full name might be francis. though, really, what else would he have called himself? but if his name really is francis, well...it'd suck!  :(  no offense to any of the francises out there! ;D ;D

LOL I agree...mainly because it doesn't fit him. He is a Frank. Period. Franklin or Francis doesn't make sense to me. Francessa could have been used as his alias with all three possibilities. I am still on the "Simply Frank" team. He doesn't need any other fluff. I just don't see Fenton and Laura having him and naming him Francis. Joseph for Joe on the other hand...is very common and therefore is just fine.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on November 17, 2009, 12:28:09 PM
I think one of the casefiles has a bad guy mention Frank by "Franklin" but beyond that I don't ever recall any reputable character in any book mentioning something other than Frank.

Do you remember which Casefile?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Yeah because I want to know!!

And if a bad guy said it then it doesn't completely count as his actual name being Franklin. Sometimes villains do that for no reason or to try and piss someone off.

I'm on another forum and people who have gone through every single book with a fine tooth comb that Frank is never anything but Frank.

MacGyver

I'm curious about this one too. I'll have to look through my books and see if I can find anything...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I'm pretty sure that, when the books first came out in the 20s, Frank's name was just Frank. That was a pretty popular name at the time. Also, originally Joe's name was probably just Joe, too. I don't think it was until the 50s that he started being called Joseph. Any know which book first used the Joseph name? The Secret of the Lost Tunnel was it?