Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Encyclopedia Update #2

Started by SkyWarp, April 25, 2020, 01:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

tomswift2002

I was just looking, and on the page for Tom Swift, Jr., you have Joe Hardy's face from "Time Bomb".  Tom Swift is actually the guy firing the gun.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 25, 2020, 05:48:28 PM
I was just looking, and on the page for Tom Swift, Jr., you have Joe Hardy's face from "Time Bomb".  Tom Swift is actually the guy firing the gun.

Fixed  Thanks for the heads up. 

MacGyver

Nice to have both these books now included in the encyclopedia!  :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

I noticed that several things were pulled over from the Hardy Boys books (Network, Gray Man, USER).  Were several things pulled over from the Tom Swift Books?

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on April 26, 2020, 09:18:03 PM
I noticed that several things were pulled over from the Hardy Boys books (Network, Gray Man, USER).  Were several things pulled over from the Tom Swift Books?

Tom's van with the force field was from #13 Quantum Force.  And aside from Swift Enterprises and Central Hills, this Ultra Thriller uses a lot more Casefiles points, whereas Time Bomb contained a ton of references to the Tom Swift series.  The author(s) balanced the books that way.  It's unfortunate that there were no future references in the Casefiles to the UT books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Reading the Ultra Thriller books as well as reading the first chapter preview of the first book in the Tom Swift IV series that was included in some of The Hardy Boys Casefiles books made me really interested in actually reading the Tom Swift IV series at some point. I might still try to do that one day. I read one of the Tom Swift, Jr. books once a while back but I couldn't get into it much. I enjoy science fiction as a general rule but this brand of sci-fi just didn't really grab me as much. I think I might like the Casefiles-equivalent of Tom Swift books better.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Raven

Tom Swift IV had a casefile-ish feel to it. I got a kick reading 80's rock trivia in some of the books.  8)  Despite the sci-fi element, I enjoyed this series.

tomswift2002

Well you have to remember that all the Archway series were in the same continuity.