What kind of medical training do Frank and Joe have?

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, January 25, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 11, 2011, 03:02:00 PM
Hamster Daredevil Assassins ;) ;D

LOL! ;D Where did that come from? ;)

MacGyver

Haha- just made it up. God gave me a strange sense of humor and creativity. ;D
(I was kinda also inspired by Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters, a comic book parody of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 13, 2011, 02:40:49 PM
Haha- just made it up. God gave me a strange sense of humor and creativity. ;D
(I was kinda also inspired by Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters, a comic book parody of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.)

That's cool. :) I guess we're famous for getting off topic here, aren't we? ;D

hardygirl847

I LOVE TMNT!!!! I haven't heard of the Hamster parody though. lol

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 13, 2011, 02:47:09 PM
That's cool. :) I guess we're famous for getting off topic here, aren't we? ;D

Very much so.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 14, 2011, 04:18:59 PM
I LOVE TMNT!!!! I haven't heard of the Hamster parody though. lol

Very much so.

I noticed in the different series that what the Hardys know medically changes. What's up with that?

SDLagent

Hundreds of writers have worked on The Hardy Boys so specifics are going to change from book to book and certainly from series to series.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 06:08:37 PM
Hundreds of writers have worked on The Hardy Boys so specifics are going to change from book to book and certainly from series to series.

So there's no set rules? ???

SDLagent

Not for the details. There is (or was) a Hardy Boys "bible" that ghostwriters would read before they wrote a Hardy Boys book but it just gave the basics like how old the boys are, who their friends are, where they live, etc. These are the things you'll see fairly consistently throughout the different series.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 06:13:13 PM
Not for the details. There is (or was) a Hardy Boys "bible" that ghostwriters would read before they wrote a Hardy Boys book but it just gave the basics like how old the boys are, who their friends are, where they live, etc. These are the things you'll see fairly consistently throughout the different series.

I noticed since the UB's that they haven't even listed Frank and Joe age!

SDLagent

Yeah, many fans have noticed that. A few years ago there was a debate on this forum about just how old the Hardys are in the UB. It's rather odd that it's never even been mentioned once considering it has been in every other series.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 06:23:39 PM
Yeah, many fans have noticed that. A few years ago there was a debate on this forum about just how old the Hardys are in the UB. It's rather odd that it's never even been mentioned once considering it has been in every other series.

How old do you think they are?

SDLagent

They act pretty immature but Joe has to be at least 16 because he can drive. They're between 16 and 18 but other than that I don't know.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 06:29:11 PM
They act pretty immature but Joe has to be at least 16 because he can drive. They're between 16 and 18 but other than that I don't know.

They're still in school . . .I'm thinking more like 17 and 18. Weren't they undercover in at a collage once?

SDLagent

Yeah, in Hazed they were. They may very well be 17 and 18 since that's the age they are in most other series but we really just don't know. Chet is only 16 in the series, though, that's one of the reasons I was thinking they might be a bit younger.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 14, 2011, 06:35:41 PM
Yeah, in Hazed they were. They may very well be 17 and 18 since that's the age they are in most other series but we really just don't know. Chet is only 16 in the series, though, that's one of the reasons I was thinking they might be a bit younger.

Wasn't it in the UB Foul Play?