Season 3 Sound Clips

Started by hardygirl847, June 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Well, no one get their hopes up just yet. I contacted Universal Studios yesterday. Here is the email I got as a reply....

Thank you for contacting us.

No date has been announced for the next season DVD release of "The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries." A multitude of factors influence the timing and content of our DVD releases. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

For a listing of upcoming releases, please check our website periodically at: nbcuniversalstore.com. You might also wish to subscribe to our online newsletter for product announcements at http://signup.universalstudios.com/form/39.

We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Still nothing we didn't already know....GRR
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Olivia

>:(

Is there any way to access season 3? I heard that it used to be on Netflix, but it's not anymore and I'm in Canada, anyways. (Canada just got Netflix, but they're still building up the database).

I'm sure it has to be somewhere on the Internet. Maybe a torrent. Who knows.

MacGyver

I've seen some bootleg stuff pop up at various sites here and there that are way way outrageously over-priced (and of course, not really exactly legal). You might check Ebay and IOffer.com though - until Universal decides to officially release Season 3 on DVD, getting taped copies from TV might be about the only way to get The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries - Season 3. (Though I wonder- I guess this should technically be The Hardy Boys - since that's what the series changed its name to. But that makes it kinda confusing to label then.) I should also mention that the "Search for Atlantis" episode has been officially released to VHS and you can get that from a used dealer for a fairly decent price on Amazon.com, which is the only reason I've been able to see that episode from Season 3.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

hardygirl847

Yeah I have seen that on Amazon before. I have 3 episodes on my DVR right now. I honestly thought about taping them so I would have some kind of physical copy. According to my husband, it's really tedious and kinda of hard to do. I don't even have the right equipment for it either. :(

I randomly search for it online and never get anything reliable. Netflix has it on there and where you can sign up for when it is available. However, I think I've been on that list for almost a year now. Not holding my breath on that one.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Okay- again, this is not directly related but it is heartening to know that Universal is actually releasing Airwolf- Season 4 on DVD! It's so nice to see shows finally come to completion on DVD (especially one like this that didn't look like it ever would). http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Airwolf-Season-4/14611
Official release date has been announced as February 1st.
And guess what else is getting released? Well, it seems there's just one more thing...
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Columbo-Mystery-Movie-Collection-1991-1993/14612
Columbo is finally getting another Mystery Movie Collection release- this time covering the movies from 1991-1993.
That will be released on February 8th.
There are only 7 more Columbo TV-movies to be released after that to complete this series. (And maybe they'll release the whole Mrs. Columbo series too, while they're at it.)
So again- to me, this seems like good signs if Universal is moving forward with these series, finishing Airwolf and closing in on Columbo I'm getting a feeling that soon they'll be looking at other mystery series to release and maybe they'll be willing to get the rest of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries out on DVD. We'll just have to wait and see. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

hardygirl847

I just saw another Season 3 episode!!! It was entitled Dangerous Waters!!! I will admit it was not the best one by far...but hey, it's still from a mysterious season that may never be on DVD.

MacGyver

Cool! I still want to see this whole Season on DVD. It's so incredibly annoying to see TV series come so close to the point of completion on DVD and then never have anything further done with them.

hardygirl847

I know! So far 4 have aired...but where are the other 6??? Maybe one day..... :-\

MacGyver

I found this video on Google Videos- http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8940664205414072069#
It looks like someone else posted the Season 3 premiere episode- The Last Kiss of Summer- or least the first 17 minutes or so of Part 1 of this episode. The opening theme song is intact there too. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the rest of this episode on there (or any other Season 3 episodes for that matter.) But this video is apparently taken from a Disney Channel airing (judging from the logo, probably from the mid-to late '80s) and is a good bit better quality than the one posted on Youtube.

MacGyver

The fact that it's a Disney airing also answers a question I was wondering about- I think the Youtube video is most likely from the original airing on network TV (I think the user maybe even states that). And both that airing and the Disney airing still contain the "If" song by Bread. So I wonder if that song would still be included on a DVD release? I really hope so because it's not like this show really used popular songs a ton and really had any iconic ones attached to it much (other than Joe Hardy's classics "Da Doo Run Run", "Hey Deanie" and "That's Rock 'N' Roll"). But I think this one is very fitting for this episode and for that montage of scenes and it's very evocative of the 1970s musically- and I just love the song in any case. :D 8)

hardygirl847

A few quick comments...

1. The quality was MUCH better than the one we usually find. I would try to record it and upload it but my hubby says I don't have the right equipment. :( Good find, thanks!

2. I'm not a big fan of that girl. She came out of nowhere and died so ridiculously. Obviously, it's horrible that she died, but it was just too hard to believe or something. I felt bad for Joe of course, but I don't know ...it was just weird. It does make me wonder if it played a part in Iola's death at the beginning of the Casefiles. Getting blown up is way more dramatic than the car accident in the show. Underwhelming might be the word.

3. I googled some Disney logos and haven't found that particular one yet. I would think the song would still be on the DVD. I was able to find the song online actually and it's downloadable from Bread's cd.

That is of course...IF (no pun intended lol) the DVD actually ever comes out!

MacGyver

Hey- just found a pretty cool link here.
http://abriefingwithmichael.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Hardy%20Boys%20Mysteries
This dude has a blog on reviews of TV shows and WOW- if you're a fan of classic TV, all the way from the '50s to the '60s to the '70s to the '80s and on through the '90s and 2000s- there's tons of classic shows in here.
Anyway- he also reviews some episodes of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. He's only covered select episodes though- but he's covered a number of the Season 1 Nancy Drew episodes and most of her Season 2 appearances. And he's covered some Season 2 episodes starring The Hardy Boys too (haven't seen any Season 1 episodes for Frank and Joe on here)- but the main thing I'm interested in is the fact that he covers Season 3 episodes! So check out the reviews for all of them, really- but you might particularly like to see the Season 3 episodes reviewed- "The Last Kiss of Summer" (Parts 1 and 2), "Search for Atlantis", "Dangerous Waters", and "Defection to Paradise" (Parts 1 and 2).
There're also some pretty cool screen captures from the opening intro for Season 3 as well as shots from the episodes.
I'm not sure if I totally agree with all of his reviews (mainly because from what I've seen of the third season, I don't think the "fun and innocence" that he mentions is totally gone- but the Hardys do take on some grittier cases with some more violence and so forth- but then, that's what the show creators were aiming for at this point. It's honestly pretty reminiscent of The Hardy Boys Casefiles in some ways- perhaps even The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers or at least The Secret Agent on Flight 101 :))

Anyway- just thought you all would enjoy.

hardygirl847

I will read it more later...I skimmed it a little. At first glance, I can tell that I agree and disagree with some of his comments. More later. :)