It seems like a lot of the Hardy Boys Casefiles . . .

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, May 30, 2011, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on June 03, 2011, 03:25:57 PM
Oh yeah, right. . .  ;)

Or at least, out of your sight. *shifts eyes and peeks over shoulder* ;)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on June 03, 2011, 03:34:21 PM
Or at least, out of your sight. *shifts eyes and peeks over shoulder* ;)

Okay . . . We'll see how long this lasts, mate! ::) ;)

AlwaysAJoefan

AlwaysAJoefan

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on June 03, 2011, 09:23:12 PM
Not if we have anything to say about it. ;)

;) Let's see here, "how do you load this thing? :-\

AlwaysAJoefan

AlwaysAJoefan

Hardy Boys UB Fan

SDLagent

Hey, if you're going to get this off-topic, could you take it to PMs?

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on June 04, 2011, 12:06:49 AM
Hey, if you're going to get this off-topic, could you take it to PMs?

Whatever! ::) 

MacGyver

In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic and as a point of comparison, I was just wondering... in the late 1980s and through the '90s, we had the KGB showing up at times as the bad guys in The Hardy Boys Casefiles, which as has been pointed out, would be appropriate choices at the time with the Cold War going on still and all. But the Cold War really was going since the 1950s honestly. The original Hardy Boys books started in 1927, so I was just wondering. Does anyone know if any of the original text books may have had The Hardy Boys fighting against Nazi agents? (As it seems they would have been the natural fall guy at that time- from the '30s through the '40s in any case.) There is kind of a parallel to the Indiana Jones movies here because Indy goes from fighting Nazis in the '30s to fighting Soviets in the '50s as well. Both groups make for logical bad guy choices for their time periods on a global scale- and The Hardys have definitely fought criminals on a global scale throughout their history.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 09, 2011, 01:55:45 PM
In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic and as a point of comparison, I was just wondering... in the late 1980s and through the '90s, we had the KGB showing up at times as the bad guys in The Hardy Boys Casefiles, which as has been pointed out, would be appropriate choices at the time with the Cold War going on still and all. But the Cold War really was going since the 1950s honestly. The original Hardy Boys books started in 1927, so I was just wondering. Does anyone know if any of the original text books may have had The Hardy Boys fighting against Nazi agents? (As it seems they would have been the natural fall guy at that time- from the '30s through the '40s in any case.) There is kind of a parallel to the Indiana Jones movies here because Indy goes from fighting Nazis in the '30s to fighting Soviets in the '50s as well. Both groups make for logical bad guy choices for their time periods on a global scale- and The Hardys have definitely fought criminals on a global scale throughout their history.

Wow, I never know all that! 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 09, 2011, 01:55:45 PM

I never thought of the IJ and HB comparison. :)