Around the World with The Hardy Boys

Started by MacGyver, July 02, 2022, 03:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I was just thinking of many real places around the world that The Hardy Boys have visited in the course of their mysteries. I don't think this has been done on here before- or if it's on The Hardy Boys Wiki- but I was thinking it would be fun to try to create a list of all the cities/states/provinces/cantons/counties/countries, etc. that Frank and Joe have been to at some point.

Obviously, Frank and Joe live in Bayport in the United States of America and have solved a number of Mysteries there, including their first one, The Tower Treasure. (I think most fans seem to assume that Bayport is in New York. The 1977-1979 The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries TV show states Bayport to be in Massachusetts.) Since The USA is the home country for The Hardy Boys, I figured we could start there and cover the states and capital and then add other countries. I have filled in a few I knew offhand; please post others I have forgotten. Thanks! 

Alabama
 Alaska - The Mystery at Devil's Paw
 Arizona
 Arkansas
 California
 Colorado - Trouble at Coyote Canyon
 Connecticut
 Delaware
 Florida - Perfect Getaway
 Georgia - Deathgame
 Hawaii
 Idaho
 Illinois
 Indiana
 Iowa
 Kansas
 Kentucky
 Louisiana - Frame-Up
 Maine - The Lazarus Plot (many of the same places revisited in Dead of Night)
 Maryland
 Massachusetts
 Michigan
 Minnesota
 Mississippi
 Missouri
 Montana
 Nebraska
 Nevada
 New Hampshire - Pure Evil
 New Jersey
 New Mexico
 New York - Deadly Engagement
 North Carolina -  The Hunt for the Four Brothers
 North Dakota
 Ohio
 Oklahoma
 Oregon
 Pennsylvania
 Rhode Island
 South Carolina - Danger in the Fourth Dimension, Courting Disaster
 South Dakota - Dead Man in Deadwood
 Tennessee - Uncivil War
 Texas
 Utah
 Vermont
 Virginia
 Washington
 West Virginia
 Wisconsin
 Wyoming

Washington, D.C. - The Infinity Clue

Canada
Halifax, Nova Scotia- Countdown to Terror

Spain- The Mystery of the Aztec Warrior, Too Many Traitors

Greece- The Borderline Case
(Specifically Corfu)- The Shattered Helmet

England- The Witchmaster's Key

Iceland- The Arctic Patrol Mystery

Barbados- The Dead Season

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

Doing a quick query into the database, I come across the following countries (not sure these were actually visited or some may have been only talked about):

Algeria
Argentina
Bahammas
Barbados
Bermuda
Brazil
Britain
Canada
Chile
Cyrena
Czechoslovakia
England
France
Gabiz
Germany
Greece
Gurnistan
India
Italy
Japan
Katara
Lichtenstein
Mexico
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
Russia
San Marcos
Spain
Sultanate of Bhotai
United Kingdom
United States

And in doing the query I came across a few countries that needed some technical updates.  :) 

MacGyver

Nice! Thanks for adding those.
I do want to specify that I am just looking for places Frank and Joe actually visited, rather than places that were just discussed at some point.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I've never heard of the Hardy's visiting "Halifax, Nokia Scotia", not heard of Nokia Scotia!

But with Canada they also visited British Columbia in Mystery At Devil's Paw and the Northwest Territories in The Viking Symbol Mystery.  They were also in the Maritimes in The Twisted Claw.

Then they were also in West Germany in The Submarine Caper/The Deadly Chase, and a reunified Germany in THe Emperor's Shield.

Also Australia in The Firebird Rocket and Egypt in The Mummy Case.

They went to New Mexico in The Sign of the Crooked Arrow & WIthout A Trace, and Mexico in The Mystery of the Aztec Warrior.  They were also in Arizona or New Mexico in The Crimson FlameThe Crimson Flame also sent them to Thailand.

Also, Time Bomb had the Hardy's pay a visit to Niagra Falls, Ontario, and they were in Niagra Falls, New York in the revised The Melted Coins.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 02, 2022, 10:38:12 PMI've never heard of the Hardy's visiting "Halifax, Nokia Scotia", not heard of Nokia Scotia!
LOL! Stupid auto correct! ;D I hate when my phone does that- especially when it looks correct when I post it!  ::)