It seems like a lot of the Hardy Boys Casefiles . . .

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, May 30, 2011, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on May 31, 2011, 09:09:13 PM
It's fun! :)

And then the topic of socialization comes up and it's like . .  ."D'oh, that's why I'm at home, you know!" ;)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on May 31, 2011, 09:12:52 PM
And then the topic of socialization comes up and it's like . .  ."D'oh, that's why I'm at home, you know!" ;)

I socialize. With adults. :)

AlwaysAJoefan

MacGyver

QuoteThat's great! You ever notice that when you say that you're homeschooled people look at you like you're weird? I had that all the time!
You're homeschooled? That's so weird! :P ;D
(Totally kidding).
Though I'm not homeschooled myself (at least in that sense), I do have friends who have been homeschooled. I never understand why some find this weird or whatever. Just because a family chooses to do education a bit differently from others doesn't mean it's weird. I can understand why some parents would want to be protective of exactly what their kids learn in schools today- I don't blame them. I don't really have anything against public school either- but I can see how things have continued to get worse in a lot of ways. And it may not even be an issue with the curriculum- some parents may just feel safer, considering the violence that has happened at public schools.
   And from my understanding, many homeschooled kids in an area generally get together and have times of interaction and even hold their own senior proms. So I think homeschooled kids still get interaction with kids their own age in a school-setting. Of course, they can also get this through social groups at the local public library, sports teams, local clubs and groups and of course, church.
        However, I was very much homeschooled as a kid in Bible instruction and learning more about God. My parents not only told me about Jesus and what He said- they lived out what He said as best as they could. (And they still do this now of course.) That kind of homeschooling, every kid should have. :)
(And yeah- I know that was way off-topic- but to be fair, I didn't take the conversation in this direction to begin with. ;))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 01, 2011, 08:35:08 AM
You're homeschooled? That's so weird! :P ;D
(Totally kidding).
Though I'm not homeschooled myself (at least in that sense), I do have friends who have been homeschooled. I never understand why some find this weird or whatever. Just because a family chooses to do education a bit differently from others doesn't mean it's weird. I can understand why some parents would want to be protective of exactly what their kids learn in schools today- I don't blame them. I don't really have anything against public school either- but I can see how things have continued to get worse in a lot of ways. And it may not even be an issue with the curriculum- some parents may just feel safer, considering the violence that has happened at public schools.
   And from my understanding, many homeschooled kids in an area generally get together and have times of interaction and even hold their own senior proms. So I think homeschooled kids still get interaction with kids their own age in a school-setting. Of course, they can also get this through social groups at the local public library, sports teams, local clubs and groups and of course, church.
        However, I was very much homeschooled as a kid in Bible instruction and learning more about God. My parents not only told me about Jesus and what He said- they lived out what He said as best as they could. (And they still do this now of course.) That kind of homeschooling, every kid should have. :)
(And yeah- I know that was way off-topic- but to be fair, I didn't take the conversation in this direction to begin with. ;) )

Yeah I know! :) Let's see if we can get it back to what it was originally was. If we dare! ;)

MacGyver

Sounds like a new pledge for this forum- Dare to be on-topic! ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on May 31, 2011, 09:21:01 PM
In some ways, that's better. :)

Yeah it is! ;) 8)

Quote from: MacGyver on June 01, 2011, 09:26:21 AM
Sounds like a new pledge for this forum- Dare to be on-topic! ;D

Dare to stay on topic, I mean! ;) ;D I wonder how long that will last? ;)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on June 01, 2011, 12:10:55 PM
Dare to stay on topic, I mean! ;) ;D I wonder how long that will last? ;)

Not long, with you, me, and MacGyver on. ;) But, wouldn't it be dull if we stuck to topic. Think of how many ideas would be lost. :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on June 01, 2011, 12:33:29 PM
Not long, with you, me, and MacGyver on. ;) But, wouldn't it be dull if we stuck to topic. Think of how many ideas would be lost. :)

I know. Think of the horror! ;) 8) Actually, don't! ;)

AlwaysAJoefan

MacGyver

You don't have to lose any ideas. You just have to start 50 million more threads for each one! ;D