What Exactly Happens in Lonely Ordeal?

Started by IsilsursHeir, March 01, 2022, 04:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsilsursHeir

In the summary of "The Hardy Boys Handbook: Seven Stories of Survival", it says in the chapter "Lonely Ordeal" that Joe is injured and gets stranded in the Adirondacks. What exactly happens here? It is a snippet of another book? If so what is it?

I can't find the Handbook, and I am getting really curious.
"It's aMAZing..."
"No Joe, it's a MAZE."

tomswift2002

The Hardy Boys Seven Stories of Survival (US) aka The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook (UK), is a collection short stories written by Sheila Link.  The book is similar to The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook, but instead of focusing on techniques for crime detection, Survival focuses on techniques for surviving.  The first chapter has Frank and Joe packing survival kits after taking a survival course, while chapter 2 has the Hardy's cross country skiing and getting lost in a blizzard in which they need to hide in a cave and Frank gets hypothermia while collecting wood. 

https://hardyboys.fandom.com/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys_Handbook:_Seven_Stories_of_Survival

https://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=2399.0

As for "Lonely Ordeal", basically Joe's fishing, he slips and sprains his ankle while he's away from the Hardy's camp, and can't walk. 

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook is one of my favourite tie-in books from The Hardy Boys. I've read it a number of times. I love the survival tips and stories.
    In the "Lonely Ordeal" story, Joe winds up spraining his ankle and making a lean-to for shelter. He has to spend a few days fending for himself for food through fishing and waiting for rescue. Frank leads a search team to help find him.
    It's worth noting that all of the stories are based on real-life experiences and thus all of the survival tips have been field tested.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"