Hardy Boys GN#16: Shhhhhh!

Started by SkyWarp, July 19, 2008, 10:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Only minor spoilers...

QUESTION: WHAT'S THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD?

THE LIBRARY! (NO KIDDING!)

Believe it or not, Frank and Joe Hardy become embroiled in battle in the most unlikely place of all - and the fate of the free world hangs in the balance! Plus two surprise cameo appearances!

Review: ''Shhhhhh!'' is an enjoyable read but was a bit of a disappointment. For one thing, contrary to what Amazon.com plot blurb might have you believe, Laura doesn't really play a big role. She appears in more pages then she ever has, yes, but her part in the story is more of a interesting subplot. I was hoping for a bit more.

Overall this one has a different feel to the other graphics. As Jim Salicrup puts it, "this very special edition of THE HARDY BOYS dedicated to librarians everywhere."

I liked Aunt Trudy in this one, though. She seems more like the Gertrude of old.

Didn't live up to it's potential, but still a fun read.

Rating: 3/5

SDLagent

003Robin457

I have. Its a good story, not some "Oh my gosh you have to read this" book like 7 or 15 or something but pretty good. I did like the Trudy scene and getting to know the parents a little more. Over all 4/5. Can't wait for word up.

SDLagent

003Robin457

Thanks. I was scanning a few things yesterday and thought of scaning the spines.
Here is a full size of the sines.

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1&pictureid=139
PS. EP stands for "Evil" Plan

JoeHardyRocks

Do the last few say 13, 14, 16, 15?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

Had to click the link to the even bigger one and no they are in order, but its odd that they look like that.

SDLagent

Looks fine to me - maybe you two need glasses. (or my screen res is bigger)

SkyWarp

Quote from: 003Robin457 on April 19, 2009, 02:22:46 PM
Thanks. I was scanning a few things yesterday and thought of scaning the spines.
Here is a full size of the sines.

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1&pictureid=139
PS. EP stands for "Evil" Plan

WOAH!!!!!! Wait a minute there!  Those first 4 spines are NOT the same as my spines!  I'll have to get a scan of mine sometime and show you what I mean.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on April 20, 2009, 12:14:17 AM
WOAH!!!!!! Wait a minute there!  Those first 4 spines are NOT the same as my spines!  I'll have to get a scan of mine sometime and show you what I mean.

Good catch!  Robin's spines of the first 4 look like later printings, since the spines have in the black area "The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel", while on my books the first 3 books just say "The Hardy Boys", and the Graphic Novel is in black on top of the blue just above the # of the book.  #4 has "Graphic Novel" in black on the yellow.

Also, the first 4 spines of my books have the picture of Joe from Ocean Of Osyria on the spine. 

Also, I just noticed that #11 was drawn by Tim Smith 3, and not Paulo Henrique.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

I am guessing that perhaps the first few are not original printings, but maybe second run or they came in a box of them together later on?

SDLagent

Mine are like Robin's and I got the them in a box set (#5 was the first I got new). Also, they have "back pages" in the back, which the first books didn't originally have.

I've always thought it's strange that #4 and #5 both have Frank on the side, while all the others alternate.

tomswift2002

I guess they were trying to go Joe, Frank when they realized that Frank was already on #5.  Or maybe they were planning on doing 4 books straight with Frank on the side.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

003Robin457

You guys gessed it the first 4 are from a box. I came in to the seris when 6 or 7 came out and startad buying them in a random way based on what I found where I was. I bought 2 of the old 1-4s (I have them some where) but when I found the 1-4 box set on Amazon for a good deal I just bought that, and I was happy because my spines matched now. However Frank does repeat on 4 &5's spines. ???

tomswift2002

I justed read Shhhh tonight.  And to be quite frank...I'm still looking for the mystery story.  And I've gone through the whole book.  This is definitely not one of Scott Lobdell's better books.  Infact, I think this has to be the second worst Graphic novel, after To Die Or Not To Die.

Rating: 1.5 out of 10.