#42 The Viking Symbol Mystery

Started by tomswift2002, May 26, 2018, 10:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Published 1963
Written by: Alistair Hunter

Plot; The Hardy's are headed to Canada!  Fenton Hardy and his assistant Sam Radley are on a couple of different investigations and Fenton as Frank and Joe and their friends Chet Morton, Tony Prito and Biff Hooper to help out.   Tony and Biff are flying to the Northwest Territories to help Radley with a number of curious thefts, including a pontoon plane; meanwhile Frank, Joe and Chet are headed to Edmonton, Alberta to help Fenton.

Review:  I'm just starting this book.  It must be over 10 years since I last read it, even though I remember back in 1994 when my mom brought home a huge box of Hardy Boys books from a garage sale that this was one of the books in the box that really interested me from the cover art to the description that mentioned that the Hardy's were in Canada. 

Anyway, Alistair Hunter, in 1963 also re-wrote Hunting For Hidden Gold and in 1962 he had re-written The Secret Of The Old Mill.  Those were his 3 Hardy Boys books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

CalvinKnox

I haven't read this book in over a decade, the only things I remember from it are an abandoned schoolhouse and something with an American buffalo nickel.  I think my favorite book that takes place in Canada is Casefile #28, Countdown to Terror.  It seems like every other time they were in Canada they were roughing it in the backwoods.

MacGyver

I think the main things I remember about The Viking Symbol Mystery are- Canada and Vikings and the word "runes". :) 8)
I remember it being good but I have not read it in a very long time indeed.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"