The Crisscross Crime #150

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, February 05, 2017, 11:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Do you know if this abandoned title was incorporated elsewhere, perhaps as a Casefile?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

No.  It was buried in Simon & Schuster's warehouse somewhere, and has never seen the light of day.  Back in the late-90's S&S editor of the Hardy Boys at the time, Anne Greenberg, even confirmed that it existed to I think James Keeline, but she didn't have time to pull it out and show him and then in the early-2000's she was let go in a corporate shuffling and no longer had access to it.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Okay. Thanks for the information. Too bad this book never saw the light of day in some form or another.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 24, 2020, 02:59:29 PM
Mystery of the Silver Star was the second #86 written.  It was written after the Casefiles had been launched and S&S was restarting the Mystery Stories.

That said, S&S was trying to make them faster versions of #%u2019s 1-83, and in my recent re-read of the Mystery Stories, a lot of the G&D books have been at or just below the Casefiles in terms of violence and action.

What digests would you say are close to the Casefiles?

tomswift2002

#84 Revenge of the Desert Phantom
#85 The Skyfire Puzzle
(These were the Pilot books for what ultimately became the Casefiles).
#150 The Crisscross Crime (this was actually commissioned as Casefiles #130)

As for closest to a Casefile that are unknown:

#161 Training For Trouble
#153 Eye On Crime

But, really as I've been going through the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories I've found that the revised texts of 1-38, and then 39-66 are just as violent as the Casefiles, although the action is not as quick as the Casefiles, because the books are 20 chapters vs the Casefiles range of 14-18 chapters.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca