Goodbye UBs?

Started by Bigfootman, May 18, 2009, 04:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HB@1718

Do you think The Secret Files will be a better or worse series than the UBs?

SDLagent

It's impossible to tell at this point, but I'd hope they're better than the UB.

003Robin457

Even if you like UBs  you should hope the SFs are better because then you have a super-awesome seris.

Bigfootman

The titles for the SFs have me worried. Hopping Mad sounds like a little kid's book, and so does the missing mit. GNs, you are the only ones who can save us! 

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardy boys fan

Quote from: SDLagent on July 01, 2009, 06:42:56 PM
It's impossible to tell at this point, but I'd hope they're better than the UB.
how can they be better than the UBs. they are for little kids. at least UBs have more better plots than the secret files.
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

SDLagent

Just, because a book is for little kids doesn't mean it can't be good. There's some really good kids' book out there. Plus, it wouldn't be hard to be better than the UB.

HB@1718

What's your definition of a "kids book"?

Frank rules

I'm with SDLagent. The Secret Files will more than likely stink... even more so than the UBs already do. Which means that all of us Hardy fans will probably have to find a new favorite pastime, as the UBs are being cancelled and the only replacements will be an even lamer series of kids books. Congratulations S&S. You have effectively tarnished the name of perhaps the most successful series in kids fiction barring Pendragon. On the bright side, maybe the drop in sales will prompt them to reprint some of the better Hardy mysteries... like the casefiles  and the digests. 

hardy boys fan

Quote from: SDLagent on July 02, 2009, 08:09:18 PM
Just, because a book is for little kids doesn't mean it can't be good. There's some really good kids' book out there. Plus, it wouldn't be hard to be better than the UB.
like what?
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

Frank rules

I think that we can all safely say that if the Secret files are in any way an attempt to re-start the Clues Brothers franchise or carry on with the idea of the Hardys being little children, the books will most assuredly stink.

SDLagent

Quote from: Frank rules on July 24, 2009, 02:30:06 PM
I'm with SDLagent. The Secret Files will more than likely stink... even more so than the UBs already do. Which means that all of us Hardy fans will probably have to find a new favorite pastime, as the UBs are being cancelled and the only replacements will be an even lamer series of kids books. Congratulations S&S. You have effectively tarnished the name of perhaps the most successful series in kids fiction barring Pendragon. On the bright side, maybe the drop in sales will prompt them to reprint some of the better Hardy mysteries... like the casefiles  and the digests. 

First of all, I never said the Secret Files would stink. I don't have high-hopes, but that doesn't mean they'll stink.

Quote from: hardy boys fan on July 24, 2009, 02:52:52 PM
like what?

Beatrix Potter, Beverly Cleary...

Quote from: Frank rules on July 24, 2009, 11:16:25 PM
I think that we can all safely say that if the Secret files are in any way an attempt to re-start the Clues Brothers franchise or carry on with the idea of the Hardys being little children, the books will most assuredly stink.

I've never read the Clues Brothers, so I don't know. But I do know that the Secret Files will be similar. The series has been described as Clue Crew-esque, and Frank and Joe are young kids, plus the prices are the same as the Clues Brothers.

Frank rules

Quote from: SDLagent on July 24, 2009, 11:53:33 PM
I've never read the Clues Brothers, so I don't know. But I do know that the Secret Files will be similar. The series has been described as Clue Crew-esque, and Frank and Joe are young kids, plus the prices are the same as the Clues Brothers.

Then they're gonna tank. Honestly, shoudn't S&S have discovered by now that books about kids solving mysteries such as "Who tattled on who" just don't have a leg to stand on anymore so far as selling books is concerned?

SDLagent

Did they ever have a leg to stand on?

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on July 25, 2009, 01:43:52 AM

Maybe back in the late-80's and early-mid-90's.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Frank rules

Quote from: SDLagent on July 25, 2009, 01:43:52 AM
You bring up a good point. Which begs the question, Why the heck is S&S deciding to re-start a Clues Brothers-esque series now of all times, right when sales couldn't be any worse for the Hardy boys series. What kind of business sense do these people have.... Or perhaps they have just decided that after fifty or so odd years of Hardy mysteries, it's time to bring it all to an end. ???