The Hardy Boys Get a Second Season Renewal by Hulu

Started by SkyWarp, June 18, 2021, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

According to Variety the Hardy Boys have been given a second season renewal by Hulu. 

QuotePicking up six months after the events of season 1, the next chapter of The Hardy Boys finds Frank and Joe tackling another complicated mystery when a local Bridgeport teen goes missing and a shadowy corporation moves into town.

SkyWarp

What I find interesting is the list of returning actors. All the regular chums and Bridgeport characters, BUT we don't see Fenton listed.  Yet we do see Laura listed.

QuoteRohan Campbell Frank Hardy
Alexander Elliot as Joe Hardy
Keana Lyn as Callie Shaw
Bea Santos as Aunt Trudy
Adam Swain as Chet Morton
Atticus Mitchell as J.B. Cox
Riley O'Donnell as Biff Hooper
Cristian Perri as Phil Cohen
Janet Porter as Laura Hardy

MacGyver

HOORAY!
Crazily enough, I was just thinking about that possibility right before I opened this site- and then I see this news here!
Awesome! This version of The Hardy Boys has been a lot better than I expected and I'm glad for that. I can't wait to see what happens in the next season!  :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Raven

Yay! I hope Fenton will appear in a scene or two. He's got the most interesting scenes in the first season.  ;D

NZone

QuotePicking up six months after the events of season 1, the next chapter of The Hardy Boys finds Frank and Joe tackling another complicated mystery when a local Bridgeport teen goes missing and a shadowy corporation moves into town.

Please tell me this will be the quintessential 80s toxic waste corporation dumping green glowing stuff in the water.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

Quote from: NZone on June 26, 2021, 10:25:27 AM
Please tell me this will be the quintessential 80s toxic waste corporation dumping green glowing stuff in the water.

Apparently it's going to be a crossover with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! 🤮😁
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Maybe they will use MUX as the "shadowy corporation"? 

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I wish they'd have Nancy Drew and Tom Swift on the show instead of the other channel.

tomswift2002

They could always bring Tom Swift onto the show, since Tom Swift is in the public domain.  It's like a few years ago there were the two Sherlock Holmes series going from the BBC in the UK & CBS in the US.  Holmes is public domain.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 26, 2021, 02:22:40 PM
They could always bring Tom Swift onto the show, since Tom Swift is in the public domain.  It's like a few years ago there were the two Sherlock Holmes series going from the BBC in the UK & CBS in the ? US.  Holmes is public domain.

How is that possible, there's a new book series about Tom Swift? How is he and the Bobbsey Twins in the public domain, and not Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys?

tomswift2002

Quote from: TorchwoodCardiff on July 26, 2021, 02:28:33 PM

How is that possible, there's a new book series about Tom Swift? How is he and the Bobbsey Twins in the public domain, and not Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys?

The current Tom Swift Inventor Academy is a derivative of Tom Swift and His Motorcycle (1910) (copyright expired in 1985).  Just like "and his Motorboat" is a derivative of "Motorcycle"And because Tom's first author, Howard R. Garis died in 1962, Tom Swift is a public domain character in the Canada and any other country that uses the author's life+50 rule for copyright in regards to works for hire.

Right now in the US, 30 out of the 40 Tom Swift SR books (1910-1940; #'s 1-29, 39) are public domain, so anyone can use the characters from those books.  And both the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys TV series could have completely different Tom Swift & Bobbsey Twins characters.  (Currently the original texts of the Bobbsey Twins #'s 1-19 are in the public domain).

tomswift2002

In the US, The first 3 Hardy Boys will enter the public domain on January 1, 2023.  The revised versions won't enter until Jan 1 2055 (Tower Treasure/House On The Cliff), and Jan 1, 2058 (Old Mill).  In Canada and any other country that uses the life +50 for copyright for WFH, right now, the Hardy Boys written by Dr. John Button, who died in 1967, are public domain, except "The Secret Warning", which was a collaboration with Leslie McFarlane, so it won't enter the Canadian public domain until 2027, along with all of McFarlane's Hardy's and other Stratemeyer books (and McFarlane's originals).

Nancy Drew won't enter the US PD until Jan 1 2026.  However, in Canada, the original Nancy's by Mildred Wirt Benson (and thus Nancy Drew the character) won't be in the Public domain until 2053, 50 years after Benson's 2002 death, while the revised texts by Harriet Stratemeyer Adams will enter in 2033, 50 years after Harriet's 1982 death..

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I wish they would have done Tom Swift and the Bobbsey Twins better in the CW version, it's really weird what they've done with them.

MacGyver

Considering what they did with Nancy Drew on the CW, I can't say I'm surprised. :(
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I still haven't seen the new Nancy Drew series.

But from what I hear, it no better than the new Star Trek's.