The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

The next casefiles GN (according to Wikipedia) is called Break-Up! ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

Apparently they split up :(

Product Description
The World-famous Hardy Boys have been solving mysteries for what feels like forever, but the unthinkable has finally happened ? Frank and Joe decided to no longer work together. Like Lennon and McCartney, Martin and Lewis, Sonny and Cher, all things must pass. Will they continue as agents of A.T.A.C. (American Teens Against Crime) separately? And will Joe and Frank still be effective as solo crime fighters?

http://www.amazon.com/Hardy-Boys-New-Case-Files/dp/1597072435/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288661467&sr=1-8
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

hardygirl847

LMAO Spencer. And here I thought I was having a deja vu moment!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Almost sounds like they doing a prelude to the Hardy Men movie.  But, why is ATAC still in the picture?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

I think maybe one of them wants to stick with ATAC and the other one is tired of it..... :-\
"Thank you, Joe."

hardygirl847

They have left that as a teaser for now. Will ATAC be involved at all in the next book? Will they be in it but won't work together? Will they have new partners??

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: Captain Santa Claus on November 04, 2010, 05:48:12 PM
Almost sounds like they doing a prelude to the Hardy Men movie.  But, why is ATAC still in the picture?

Why wouldn't ATAC still be in the picture?

hardygirl847

If they were going with old school Hardys, then ATAC wouldn't be in the picture...But looks like they will. Frank and Joe might be breaking up momentarily but they will probably still work for ATAC. I really doubt either boy would leave mostly due to Fenton being the head of it, and recruiting them for it.

SDLagent

But he's not the head of ATAC anymore. Q is, I think. But maybe it depends what book you're reading...

tomswift2002

Fenton's role in ATAC has been really weird, since it seems that he setup ATAC, and then retired from it as soon as Frank and Joe became ATAC's first members, although he still has a rank in the organization that allows him to go visit their headquarters whenever he thinks something is not right and investigate on the inside.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

It sounds like Fenton is still the founder of ATAC and so still has certain privileges, but he's resigned the management and day-to-day working duties to Q. Surely Fenton Hardy is going to maintain some kind of tabs on the operations of the organization that he set up.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Yeah, he's the founder (or one of the co-founders) but he has no official rank within the organization, anymore. That could make a interesting story, actually - someone high-up in ATAC tries to shut Fenton out.

hardygirl847

Ok...well I stand corrected. I should have said, since he started it. I would assume the Hardy Boys would have to consider that in their plans to separate or whatever. I could see them completely going off on their own but then they wouldn't have specific missions (unless someone approached them about a case) and no more fancy gadgets.

Also, the idea of Fenton getting shut out would have to involve Frank and Joe somehow. Maybe they would prevent it or find out who is trying to take over, or whatever. I like Fenton and all, but the books are about the boys. So I like their father son moments and that he can kick some butt...but I want Frank and Joe as MUCH as possible. I'm greedy like that. hehe  ;D