The Hardy Boys Get a Second Season Renewal by Hulu

Started by SkyWarp, June 18, 2021, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I watched the pilot episode of Nancy Drew just to see Pamela Sue Martin's cameo. It was great to see her but it was only for a moment in a bit role. (I know; that's the definition of a cameo. ;D) I guess I would have appreciated some specific dialogue to tie to the 1977-1979 show though or something.
   In any case, the cameo was nice but not that exciting- and the show itself is pretty horrible all around.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Raven

Quote from: TorchwoodCardiff on July 27, 2021, 09:30:42 PM
I wish they would have done Tom Swift and the Bobbsey Twins better in the CW version, it's really weird what they've done with them.
So, they even included the Bobbsey Twins. I couldn't even finish the first season.  :(
I wonder if the CW Nancy Drew is loosely based on the Nancy Drew comics. Bobbsey Twins and Tom Swift were also featured in the comics.

MacGyver

I think it's quite likely the show takes inspiration from the Dynamite comics, at least in tone and characterization.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Raven on July 28, 2021, 07:29:11 PM
I wonder if the CW Nancy Drew is loosely based on the Nancy Drew comics. Bobbsey Twins and Tom Swift were also featured in the comics.

The comics are better than the show. At least no one is pro LGBT or BLM in that series. I don't like shows that force that down my throat.

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 28, 2021, 10:54:10 AM
I still haven't seen the new Nancy Drew series.

But from what I hear, it no better than the new Star Trek's.

My opinion is that it is actually even worse than the new Star Trek shows.

MacGyver

QuoteThe comics are better than the show. At least no one is pro LGBT or BLM in that series. I don't like shows that force that down my throat.
Are you referring to the Dynamite comics? I'm pretty sure they are definitely pro LGBTQ.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on July 29, 2021, 12:31:16 AM
Are you referring to the Dynamite comics? I'm pretty sure they are definitely pro LGBTQ.
The 2018 comic turned George into a lesbian.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I was talking about the Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys The Big Lie and the Death of Nancy Drew. I don't remember George as a lesbian in those two series.

MacGyver

George is presented as a lesbian in this series.
https://m.comixology.com/Nancy-Drew-The-Palace-of-Wisdom/digital-comic/745888?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9Db2xsZWN0ZWRFZGl0aW9ucw

I've read all the comics from Dynamite featuring The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and I was equally disappointed with those as I am with the CW Nancy Drew show.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on July 31, 2021, 06:57:28 PM
George is presented as a lesbian in this series.
https://m.comixology.com/Nancy-Drew-The-Palace-of-Wisdom/digital-comic/745888?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9Db2xsZWN0ZWRFZGl0aW9ucw

I've read all the comics from Dynamite featuring The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and I was equally disappointed with those as I am with the CW Nancy Drew show.

Oh yes, that one she is. I don't think she is in the other series, if I remember, right.

MacGyver