The Hardy Boys - S2E5 - Heading for Destruction

Started by SkyWarp, April 08, 2022, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

A lot took place in the 5th episode, but its only half way through the series. 

There has been a lot of miss-direction so far in who is responsible for what.  By the end of this episode, we are left with a lot of questions even though we have gotten a lot of answers. 

I honestly think this is one of the better episode so far.  The bomb going off was a true surprise.  I am sort of disappointed they negated the hinted at death so quickly.  I was willing to accept the death and was actually starting to be impressed with the way things were going with the potential death. 

BUT, no, it appears the person has survived the bomb.  AND the reason for the bomb was lowered really quickly to just meddling students. (maybe, remember a lot of things have been miss-directed up till now). 

We get a new intriguing lady introduced very quickly in this episode.  My hopes were up all over the place for this character, but at last, she was quickly relegated to another relative to a character from last season.  I guess I get my own expectations too high for some of these characters. 

Although one person survived a bomb blast, we did have death in this episode.  Not sure how I feel about this death by poisoning.  I am not sure why the mystery that could have surrounded this character was cut short by this death though.  I feel that there was some lost potential. 

So I do feel like my predictions about Vanessa and Scrappy Doo being treated the same (scrappy from the live action movies) so far feel about right.  Still not sitting right with me though.  But I might be the minority on this.  I hated scrappy.  I did not hate Vanessa. 

At this point I am not sure who is or are the bad guys.  We are starting to get a feeling that our Stratemeyer Global people are not necessarily the real bad guys.  But with all the miss-direction I can't be sure any more.  This maybe a good thing, but if we get too many miss-directions, I may not care about it anymore. 

SkyWarp

I found one of the places (the parade scene) where this episode was filmed:
Real Life Location

MacGyver

I watched this episode last night. It was definitely pretty exciting with a lot going on. Seeing Frank and Joe figure out the bomb plot and work to stop it made for entertaining and exciting television as they and the rest of the gang employed some detective skills to track down the culprit.
    It is interesting how even as some questions get answered, new ones arise. The episode left me curious to see what comes next.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"