The Hardy Boys - S2E2 - Conflicting Reports

Started by SkyWarp, April 07, 2022, 08:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The second episode gives us some flashbacks via Frank's "possession", but the story also keeps things moving, albeit at what seems a slightly slower pace.   

We add a few more names and easter eggs from the books for those eagle eyed fans looking for those types of things. 

Just in case anyone was unsure about last season's hinted at relationship with Aunt Trudy and Jesse, it is no longer a "mystery".  Personally, I see no need for this.  It does not add anything worthwhile to the story. It only detracts. 

On the other hand, there is some intrigue with Chet's new relationship.  What is up with Belinda Conrad?  It will be interesting to see where this goes.

And the episode leaves us with the question of what is up with Lucy Wayne. 

MacGyver

Quote from: SkyWarp on April 07, 2022, 08:19:45 PMThe second episode gives us some flashbacks via Frank's "possession", but the story also keeps things moving, albeit at what seems a slightly slower pace.   

We add a few more names and easter eggs from the books for those eagle eyed fans looking for those types of things. 

Just in case anyone was unsure about last season's hinted at relationship with Aunt Trudy and Jesse, it is no longer a "mystery".  Personally, I see no need for this.  It does not add anything worthwhile to the story. It only detracts. 

On the other hand, there is some intrigue with Chet's new relationship.  What is up with Belinda Conrad?  It will be interesting to see where this goes.

And the episode leaves us with the question of what is up with Lucy Wayne. 
That's sad to hear about Aunt Trudy and Jesse but I'm not surprised. I figured that's what was being pushed in the first season anyway. I don't like to see sexual immorality presented in such a way to make it seem acceptable. It also is not a truthful representation as the negative consequences are almost never presented as well.
   And yeah- it doesn't really add anything to the storyline either. Oh well- unfortunately, I pretty much expect to see that on full display in most modern TV show or movie productions now.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

After having now finally seen this episode, I can comment a little further. While the sexual immorality and foul language are sad and disturbing to see, the mystery itself is still pretty interesting and I have been enjoying that. I also like that the "old mill" is mentioned, which makes for a nice reference to The Secret of the Old Mill. And Vanessa Bender appears briefly in detention.
   I am definitely a fan of codes so it will be neat to see how Frank and Joe crack it. And Frank's visions add an interesting mic to things too.
If I'd realized there were going to be so many ties back to the first season though, I might have rewatched it first but oh well. I can follow what's happening fairly anyway.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"