The Paris Connection: 31st Anniversary Review

Started by tomswift2002, May 06, 2021, 05:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Published: April 1990
Publisher: Archway Paperbacks (1990-1997?)
Author: Unknown as of May 2021
Story Arc: Book 2 of 2 of the Fox Duology

Plot: America's Top Teen Detectives Team Up To Rock A World Class Criminal

Nancy Drew flies to Paris to help rock idol Johnny Crockett.  His World Hunger Rock Tour is being attacked by a rash of vicious pranks that threaten to shut down the charity event.   As soon as Nancy arrives she finds that the problem may be more than a simple case of dirty tricks.  The tour's financial records have been stolen---and the handsome rock star could be facing a career-ending scandal.

Meanwhile...

Frank and Joe Hardy are in Paris for a conference on art thefts.  After bumping into Nancy at the airport, the brother detectives run into a bundle of heavy trouble.  They spot their old nemesis Fiona Fox and realize that the City of Light is about to be hit by a one-girl crime wave.  And to make things worse, Joe seems dazzled by the lovely cat burglar...

in

The Paris Connection

Review:  Part of this book reminded me of the 1995 Hardy Boys TV episode The Last Laugh, since in that episode Frank and Joe and Nancy are in France for a law enforcement conference as well. 

And of course, this book is a sequel to the Peter Lerangis penned A Crime For Christmas novel.  This book is also a sequel to an early Nancy Drew Files.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Does Fiona Fox also appear in A Crime for Christmas then? It's been so long since I read these books, I don't recall now.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

The Foxes appeared in "A Crime for Christmas" & "The Paris Connection". 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Thanks for the confirmation. I love these little continuity things.  :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Well the Foxes do get away at the end of this book, so it seems like Mega-Books wanted to keep the Foxes coming back, but just like Charity and MUX in the Casefiles, they only appeared twice and then their storylines were left open with no closure.