Trilogys

Started by JoeHardyRocks, July 19, 2008, 10:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on September 28, 2008, 01:17:24 AM
$&$ has never really never showed any interest in their fans, but pre-$&$ there was a official Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys fan club.

And also pre-$&$ the Stratemeyer Syndicate listened to parents in the 1950's concerned about the "excessive" racism in the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books.  But the Revied Texts still turned out, for the most part, alright, especially since after #23 The Melted Coins all the books were just shortened and condensed.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

Look, there are as long as they make money.

ARE SIMON AND SCHUSTER EVIL MONEY LOVERS

Olivia

Yeah, but remember my point in the other thread. They could be breaking even or re-couping their losses somewhere else. But I'm sure they can't do that for long if it's really failing.

Does anyone really know how the HB:UB are doing financially? And I just don't mean the ranking of how much they selling on websites, or the fact of putting out trilogies to try to boost the series. I mean actual numbers and estimates of what they sell or anything else.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Iola.Alive on September 29, 2008, 10:07:49 PM
Yeah, but remember my point in the other thread. They could be breaking even or re-couping their losses somewhere else. But I'm sure they can't do that for long if it's really failing.

Does anyone really know how the HB:UB are doing financially? And I just don't mean the ranking of how much they selling on websites, or the fact of putting out trilogies to try to boost the series. I mean actual numbers and estimates of what they sell or anything else.

$&$ doesn't like to release its sales figures for its books, but from the last time that I was at the bookstore about a month ago, the store had about 2 copies of all the books from #15 onward and they were all 1st printings.  So I don't think the series is selling that well.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

bozonessinc

I dont know, I was just looking a Murder House on Amazon the other day and they only had 2 left, and they usually have way more, so I think the hardy boys are selling well, I mean how many people are there on this forum, each one probably has bought at least one book, well others who have tons in there collection make up for it.

tomswift2002

I know quite a few people who still buy the UB's so that they can have the books in their collection, but they don't read them. As soon as they see that it is another murder book on the back they just shelve the book.

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 30, 2008, 06:39:21 PM
I know quite a few people who still buy the UB's so that they can have the books in their collection, but they don't read them. As soon as they see that it is another murder book on the back they just shelve the book.

WHAT THAT SHOULD HAVE SAID WAS:
Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 30, 2008, 06:39:21 PM
I know quite a few people who still buy the UB's so that they can have the books in their collection, and they enjoy reading the books, and the delight and joy of finding out the endings.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on September 30, 2008, 06:41:27 PM
WHAT THAT SHOULD HAVE SAID WAS:

What that should have said was WHAT I SAID!  They just have them as part of thier bookshelf collection and they never read the UB's because so many of the back not-eve write-ups all talk about the Hardy's trying to find out who committed a murder.

The people I know, whenever they want to read a Hardy Boys, they just pick up one of the Grosset & Dunlap/Applewood, Digest and/or Casefiles.

Q

I haven't met a single person outside my family that reads Casefiles or UBs or Digest. Everyone just reads orginals.

bozonessinc

Yes, the originals are more popular and just as good as the UBs I think

SDLagent

Most people I know read the originals, as well.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 04, 2008, 10:53:28 AM
Yes, the originals are more popular and just as good as the UBs I think

The originals are far superior to the UBs.

JoeHardyRocks

I've read a few originals and I don't like them that much. :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Q

tomswift2002

That doesn't make any sense Q!  You must have rocks in your head.