The Hardy Boys - S3E6 - The Spider’s Net

Started by SkyWarp, August 06, 2023, 09:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Well, the editing and re-editing of information in the Encyclopedia is really starting to add up. 

Another good episode. 

Twist after twist after twist.  Do we have some more still to come?  The big twist in this episode, we should have all seen coming.  The overall writers and plot developers had this one planned purposely to make us think one way back and forth to throw us off the real final twist (unless there is another twist again in the last two episodes). 

The body count seems to be adding up this season (unless bullets are not quite as deadly as they seem and they all end up just fine later). 

Just two episodes left.  Hmmmmmm.  Where to go from here?

MacGyver

The reviews are getting harder to do as I can only talk in vague terms in order to avoid spoilers. I agree with the previous post; this was another great episode! A big reveal in this episode made for an interesting turn of events.  I also just caught that the first name of Drew's dad is Hurd. While I don't think there's any connection otherwise, it's nice that the show gave a subtle nod to Hurd Applegate, who appears in The Hardy Boys books The Tower Treasure and The Secret of the Island Treasure.
     I also appreciate how discoveries made by different characters sometimes at concurrent times have all come together in the storyline and added new facts and put more pieces of the puzzle together.
      Once again, I look forward to seeing what happens next.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"