Undercover Brothers #25 Double Trouble

Started by SDLagent, June 28, 2008, 02:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

Sorry to ask pointless questions. I just have dial up and was trying to make it faster. I think they cost more in hardcover robin! I just got 8 Ubs for 13 bucks, and I usually pay 6 bucks a piece!

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on October 20, 2008, 10:14:18 PM
Could you just look it up and not ask pointless questions? No offense.

It's because The hardy Boys are Mass Market Paperbacks, rather then say, hardcovers.

Or even high-profile books, like the Harry Potter series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

Tomswift, I might have missed something, but your saying the UB's are high profile like Harry Potter.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 22, 2008, 10:53:37 AM
Tomswift, I might have missed something, but your saying the UB's are high profile like Harry Potter.

No, I was just saying that the Undercover Brothers are not as high-profile as Harry Potter books. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

NZone

or even typically signifies a change of subject
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

They aren't, they don't sell as well. I wonder why??

Olivia

Well...there are a number of factors. Readership for newly-published HBs was going down even for the Digests in the early 2000's (I don't think it was doing as bad as the UBs, but I don't know for sure) and the UBs is perhaps not promoted enough in the public sphere (that actually has lot to do with the popularity of a series - really, it does, in not only advertisements, but being featured on spots on TV, even if it was the news because of controversy).

It could just be people prefer the other HBs series and don't like this newer one. Not trying to offend anyone.

But to be Harry Potter status? I don't know. The Hardy Boys are known well world-wide, but that's over a number of years with changes. And Harry Potter only has a limited amount of books out as opposed to an on-going series. It has movies and all kinds of hype around it.

bozonessinc

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 24, 2008, 11:20:01 AM
Well...there are a number of factors. Readership for newly-published HBs was going down even for the Digests in the early 2000's (I don't think it was doing as bad as the UBs, but I don't know for sure) and the UBs is perhaps not promoted enough in the public sphere (that actually has lot to do with the popularity of a series - really, it does, in not only advertisements, but being featured on spots on TV, even if it was the news because of controversy).

It could just be people prefer the other HBs series and don't like this newer one. Not trying to offend anyone.

But to be Harry Potter status? I don't know. The Hardy Boys are known well world-wide, but that's over a number of years with changes. And Harry Potter only has a limited amount of books out as opposed to an on-going series. It has movies and all kinds of hype around it.
So what your saying is if Franklin W. Dixon books were just coming out now, we would all be yes yes  and all happy, and if he wrote 6 we would cherich them like we do with the UB's. ??? I wonder if we would???  Where did the original idea for the hardy boys come from, because it is well known how the harry potter series came to be...

Olivia

Obviously there isn't any definite answer, but I'm just saying we can speculate by looking at their origins and comparing them.

Olivia

Oh yeah, also, some media catch on better than others. Just the way it is.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 24, 2008, 11:20:01 AM
It has movies and all kinds of hype around it.

But the Hardy Boys do have a movie, The Hardy men! :P :P :P
"Thank you, Joe."

Bigfootman

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 24, 2008, 07:23:55 AM
They aren't, they don't sell as well. I wonder why??
Well:
1) Anyone who read Rocky Road first would probily neaver read another UB agian.
2) The Hardy Boys in general haven't been selling well.
3) The only books are seen people read are eather the Blue Spines or the Casefiles. Mind you I did bump into a kid who reads the UBs, but he seems to think they are the only Hardy Boys series. ::) Also I saw a parent looking at the first book in the Murder house triogy, but luckily I took before she did. Cause the first book stunk!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 24, 2008, 02:26:28 PM
Where did the original idea for the hardy boys come from, because it is well known how the harry potter series came to be...

According to Leslie McFarlane's autobiography, Ghost Of The Hardy Boys, Edward Stratemeyer wanted to capitalize on the popularity of Adult Detective novels in print at the time and create a line of detective novels aimed at young to pre-teen/teenage boys.