Ends for ATAC

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 29, 2007, 11:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 03, 2008, 02:30:17 PM
2. Canada has the best Hockey Players

Right, which would be why Alex Ovechkin is from Canada, oh wait ... btw nobody cares about hockey
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Yeah, a pretty lame point, 2. Canada has the best Hockey Players. Doesn't exactly improve are look, if that's the number two best thing about Canadians.

Olivia

I think the point was to show that Canada has good qualities and to break down stereotypes. Unfortunately, it won't always happen that easily but at least us Canadians know what we know...

Hey, has anyone see that show Talking to Americans? Some of the stuff they pull on there is crazy!

Like saying that we throw away our elderly people on ice floats or that we just got a second area code recently.

NZone

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 05, 2008, 10:26:43 PM
I think the point was to show that Canada has good qualities and to break down stereotypes. Unfortunately, it won't always happen that easily but at least us Canadians know what we know...

Hey, has anyone see that show Talking to Americans? Some of the stuff they pull on there is crazy!

Like saying that we throw away our elderly people on ice floats or that we just got a second area code recently.

LOL!!
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

bozonessinc

There was another one where the university profressors said that Canadas capital was Toronto.... HELLO OTTAWA!!

Olivia

University Professors? Ha ha. Well, it's not that bad because they were probably just thinking about the two supposed dominant cities in Canada and mixed them up outloud. Or not.

There's a lot of clips on YouTube. There was one with an American governor actually saying "Congratulations Canada on your preservation of your National Igloo" lol.

In people's defense, though, some just assume that it's a serious matter because it looks like a distinguished journalist and camera crew are walking around. People know it's going to be broadcast, and if they said, "Are you for real?" and it turns out to be actually real they'll look bad.

One more: there was one when they went up to George Bush and said, "Prime Minister Jean Poutine says ___________". Bush looked happy and said, "Yeah, of course, our neighbour to the north is important...". The Prime Minister at the time was Jean Chretien :D It was loud and kind of chaotic though, and Bush might've not caught the name. Who knows.

Bigfootman

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 03, 2008, 02:30:17 PM
Canadian stores don't sell casefiles, they sell UB's!

Unfortinly, that was one of Canada's biggest mistakes. Thank goodness Used Stores still sell Casefiles, or you can bet I'd move someone where they didn't sell UBs.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Quote from: Bigfootman on October 06, 2008, 06:21:37 PM
Unfortinly, that was one of Canada's biggest mistakes. Thank goodness Used Stores still sell Casefiles, or you can bet I'd move someone where they didn't sell UBs.

Yeah, and where would that be? ;)

Bigfootman

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 06, 2008, 06:40:34 PM
Yeah, and where would that be? ;)
I know several place where they only have used book stores.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 06, 2008, 11:01:50 AM
There was another one where the university profressors said that Canadas capital was Toronto.... HELLO OTTAWA!!

Well Toronto thinks they're the capital of Canada. Not to mention the center of the world...so don't blame the guy to much.

bozonessinc

Toronto is the capital of Ontario, in which Ottawa is. Ottawa is the Capital of Canada. So we could say that Canada is second place.

Yes, this is a serious matter, because if people in the states don't know our capital or anything about us. Why should we really give a care about them or anything.

I am Canadian and I know that the Capital of the States is Washington DC and well I think that its only fair if people in the states knew about us too..

I also know that in the states they have the whitehouse, and that in this election some of the people running are, barack obama, john Mcain, and alot of others. And currently George Bush Jr. Is in charge.

Also Hillary clinton used to be running. Hey, just thinking of the title, Ends for ATAC, maybe the government finds out and takes them over.

Olivia

Sorry if you thought my comment was belittling the mistake. But I honestly thought it was just a dumb slip for those Professors.

But I see what you mean now about other people getting the wrong impression.

bozonessinc

"just a dumb slip" PROFRESSORS ARE BRANIACS There are no dumb slips, if you can't remember that important of information, you would not be my teacher!

NZone

Gonna have to go with Liv, he might be a professor of Astrophysics or something, now if he was a geography professor ... btw its not really that important of a piece of information, unless you're a moose hunter or igloo maker or something

Olivia

Hey, we try to protect our wild species! I think...

Unless you go up north. I think...

P.S. Every human is allowed "a dumb slip".