The Hardy Boys - S3E4 - The Crash

Started by SkyWarp, August 05, 2023, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

This was another great episode.  I think there has been a lot more money spent on this season than the last two seasons. Special FX, Car Chases, Digital editing of scenes, etc. all seem to be added in places where I am not sure there was much at all in the previous two seasons.  Perhaps the extra time to get this out was a good thing.

For instance, there is a scene of the outside of where JB Cox's Secret Lair is located

And here is the real world location from 2014 via Google Street View

A more recent street view changes things up somewhat, so I am pretty sure they did not go out and film this.  Instead they found a picture from somewhere (or pulled from google) and then edited it. 

MacGyver

This was indeed a great episode! The storyline angles are starting to come together. There was also a surprise ending I didn't see coming but we'll see what happens with that. I also loved the reference to The Yellow Feather Mystery on the episode. Also, when Frank and Joe go into the pool hall, they walk by a van that looks at least somewhat similar to The Hardy Boys' van in The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. I am looking forward to see what happens next.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"