E books

Started by MysteryFan89, June 20, 2023, 12:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysteryFan89

Why aren't the Hardy Boys Casefiles available as E books but the Nancy Drew Files are? What's the difference between the two series in availability?

Bigfootman

Quote from: MysteryFan89 on June 20, 2023, 12:45:09 PM
Why aren't the Hardy Boys Casefiles available as E books but the Nancy Drew Files are? What's the difference between the two series in availability?

My suspicion is that the reason is that casefiles are more dated then the files. Several Casefiles heavily revolve around the KGB and the cold war. some of the files did too, but a large portion stuck to local crimes. also, several books have terrorists as the villains, which might not be considered kid friendly. (I'm surprised Dead on Target got an ebook)

The Files were nowhere as violent as the Casefiles,  and as S and S clearly see the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew as kids series, that probably helped them get ebooks.

A somewhat simpler explanation is that Hardy Boys ebooks simply don't sell as well as Nancy Drew ebooks do. After all, I can't see why they would make an ebook of Dead on Target and not continue with the other ones unless it didn't sell well.

I should point out that unless something has changed, the last few books in the files series aren't available as ebooks, meaning that something made them stop. The lends credence to my low sales theory.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MysteryFan89

Quote from: Bigfootman on June 20, 2023, 02:40:02 PMMy suspicion is that the reason is that casefiles are more dated then the files. Several Casefiles heavily revolve around the KGB and the cold war. some of the files did too, but a large portion stuck to local crimes. also, several books have terrorists as the villains, which might not be considered kid friendly. (I'm surprised Dead on Target got an ebook)

The Files were nowhere as violent as the Casefiles,  and as S and S clearly see the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew as kids series, that probably helped them get ebooks.

A somewhat simpler explanation is that Hardy Boys ebooks simply don't sell as well as Nancy Drew ebooks do. After all, I can't see why they would make an ebook of Dead on Target and not continue with the other ones unless it didn't sell well.

I should point out that unless something has changed, the last few books in the files series aren't available as ebooks, meaning that something made them stop. The lends credence to my low sales theory.

Yeah, both series are dated, though. If the Hardy Boys are meant for kids, then I feel they should be given equal representation, IMO. 

tomswift2002

Dead On Target & Darkness Falls are the only two legally available Casefiles (of course, Darkness Falls has been listed for years as a Mystery Stories book.)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MysteryFan89

Quote from: tomswift2002 on June 20, 2023, 05:42:40 PMDead On Target & Darkness Falls are the only two legally available Casefiles (of course, Darkness Falls has been listed for years as a Mystery Stories book.)
Too bad they only have two yet Nancy Drew has nearly all of them.