Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew: Club Dread plot summary

Started by SDLagent, January 19, 2009, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia

Well, he wasn?t a guest at the time...

And understand that people will state their opinions. It will probably get even more intense when you get older.

SDLagent

Olivia

Bigfootman

Quote from: RevWolfX on September 14, 2009, 09:24:36 AM
hoo, boy! have you guys made a mess!

1. the network vs. ATAC war is supposed to be over, but here you guys are, congregating together to badmouth the UB's >:(
2. will the guest please keep all negative comments about teens and the UB's off the forum. write them in a diary for goodness sake! >:(
3. frank and nancy >:(DO NOT >:( belong together! you might as well have tom swift dating alex from the totally spies! :P
1. Interesting, so stating your opinion is against the rules now?
2. Will RevWolfX please stop trying to stop people from stating their opinions on the UBs, it's getting really annoying now!  >:(
3. So whining about the Frank/Nancy pairing is allowed, yet stating your opinion about the UBs isn't?  ???

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Jokerette

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on June 02, 2010, 11:19:55 AM
1. Interesting, so stating your opinion is against the rules now?
2. Will RevWolfX please stop trying to stop people from stating their opinions on the UBs, it's getting really annoying now!  >:(
3. So whining about the Frank/Nancy pairing is allowed, yet stating your opinion about the UBs isn't?  ???

what i'm saying, dino dan, izzat you guys can state your opinion. if fact, if i remember correctly, you guys have stated your opinions. many times, very undiplomatically. just don't get mean about it or put down the UBs. you aren't going to change anyone's minds if that is your intention. as for the frank/nancy thing: as i said before, stating your opinion is fine. just be a bit nicer about it, eh? and what can i say? i was younger and had less experience about being diplomatic then.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

Just to offer a quick observation here- it only stands to reason that different demographics of Hardy Boys fans are going to appreciate different series of books differently. Some fans grew up reading the original books with the original text and can be purists about holding to those over the revised versions that started rolling out in 1959. Some fans grew up with the revised editions and are familiar with those more so than the original text. (And considering that these revised editions are the ones that are still in print today- outside of the titles Applewood has reprinted for the original text- many people are going to be most familiar with them and accept them as the "canon".) Then there are other fans who have grown up with the Digests series and The Hardy Boys Casefiles. And those fans are probably going to hold to those series over others. Obviously as the name of this very site indicates, some folks are mainly fans of the Casefiles over any other Hardy Boys series. And then- like it or not- there are some fans who are mainly fans of The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers series because this is the main series that they have grown up with. If you go look at the shelves of Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million and Borders, etc. - this is the main Hardy Boys series, along with the original revised books, that is still in print and on the shelves.
I'm not trying to be sarcastic here; I'm just saying that whether some of the older fans who are familiar with older Hardy Boys series like it or not- some people are just going to be more familiar with the Undercover Brothers because it is the definitive Hardy Boys series at this point. (I don't think it has to worry about the Secret Files for competition on that position, since the two series are aimed at two different age ranges. ;))
         And then there are some fans who have been through every single one of these. In my case, I grew up reading the revised original Hardy Boys stories. (Although I also read a few original text books without realizing it- mainly because Armada apparently printed the original text for at least two of copies of the books- "The Clue in the Embers" and "The Secret of Pirates' Hill".) I kept reading through this series as I was also reading the later Digests and the Casefiles as they were all coming out. And I've also read most all the other short-lived various spin-off series. I don't think the Undercover Brothers are as bad as they are made out to be by some. I'm not saying they're my favorites necessarily either, but I pretty much enjoy all of the Hardy Boys books. I think there's always something good there to enjoy if you look hard enough. (This is pretty much why I can never choose a favorite since I enjoy all of them to at least some degree.)
       Everyone is free to state their opinions of course- but I would hope we could always find a nice way of stating them, without coming across as constantly bashing someone's favorite series. I can understand if some of the Undercover Brothers writers have paired Frank with Nancy in the Supermystery '07 series- the writers did the same in the Supermystery '88 series. It was also hinted at on the 1970s The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries TV show. It wouldn't be canon within the Original/Digest/Casefiles series but I'm cool with it if it is canon within the Undercover Brothers series, at least for now. Honestly, it wouldn't be an issue if Callie Shaw and Ned Nickerson had not already been established as Frank and Nancy's respective girlfriend and boyfriend in these earlier series.
       I like watching the various Frank/Nancy videos on Youtube anyway- there are some great ones that are really well done- particularly the ones set to perfect music choices that I like- "Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon, "First Time" by Lifehouse and "Must Have Done Something Right" by Relient K :) (I've posted the links to these and many others in another thread. 8))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

In other words, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." (The Golden Rule as Jesus taught us in Luke 6:31 :) 8))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Q

SDLagent

Jokerette

I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

QuoteWell said, Mac. I salute you. 
Thanks. :D

QuoteThe UB suck. The end.
Exactly- that's sorta what I was trying to say...um, not really- but... lol.
Nice way to cap it all off. Ha ha.

Jokerette

ok, ok. sorry for the quote. what i realy should have said was, sdl, we kinda already know you opinion so would you kindly zip it?

SDLagent

Jokerette

ha ha. and now that we know, you can...yes, well you know already.   :)

Bigfootman

Quote from: RevWolfX on July 15, 2010, 09:22:47 AM
what i'm saying, dino dan, izzat you guys can state your opinion. if fact, if i remember correctly, you guys have stated your opinions. many times, very undiplomatically. just don't get mean about it or put down the UBs. you aren't going to change anyone's minds if that is your intention. as for the frank/nancy thing: as i said before, stating your opinion is fine. just be a bit nicer about it, eh? and what can i say? i was younger and had less experience about being diplomatic then.
Sorry about my post, I looked over this "Guest guy's"  posts, and I see why you were annoyed with him, but:
"will the guest please keep all negative comments about teens and the UB's off the forum."
Sounded to me like:
"Only say good things about the UBs or else"
This is the internet, please remember that posts can be taken the wrong way.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?