What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I just got "The Hardy Boys Adventure Activity Book #2" by Tony Tallarico.  It's from 1977 by Grosset & Dunlap under their Elephant Books imprint.  Plus mine seems to be the scarcer Canadian edition, not to mention but being #2, it's not as common as #1, but it is more common than #3.  One interesting thing with this book is that on the copyright page, the Stratemeyer Syndicate is given copyright credit, unlike the main series where it would say "Copyright 19XX Grosset & Dunlap", and then in 1980's printings have the extra line of "Copyright Awarded to Stratemeyer Syndicate 1980".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Cool! I've got the first one myself. I've never been real worried about tracking down the rest but maybe I'll track them down one of these days just to have a complete set.
    Glad you could find one of the rarer ones! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

I got the audiobook for "A Treacherous Tide" for 99 cents thanks to an audible coupon.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Just got in the mail "Mystery on the Mayhem Express" in paperback.  67 pages long and there's a glossary of 1920's slang in the back, reminiscent of "The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

NZone

I'm now only seven books away from a complete Casefiles collection. Also, the bottom isbn in the encyclopedia for each of the first 10 casefiles is for the largeprint library editions of the casefiles - I would highly recommend if for nothing else than the large cover art alone.

My mystery series collection is looking a little aged. I didn't really take care of these as a kid.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

MacGyver

Cool! The Greycastle hardcovers are great!  :) 8)
I don't have any of those myself. I am glad to have completed my Hardy Boys Casefiles collection some years back though. With only seven more to go, it looks like you'll be there too soon enough! Thanks for sharing pictures of your collection!
    That might be a fun thing to do sometime, if members here care to share.

tomswift2002

Quote from: NZone on June 08, 2021, 09:59:05 PM
I'm now only seven books away from a complete Casefiles collection. Also, the bottom isbn in the encyclopedia for each of the first 10 casefiles is for the largeprint library editions of the casefiles - I would highly recommend if for nothing else than the large cover art alone.

My mystery series collection is looking a little aged. I didn't really take care of these as a kid.

Looks like you've got a rare Scholastic edition of one of the later Mystery Stories (I can't tell which one, it's the beige one).  I've never seen the spine's so it's interesting how they modified the spine.

MacGyver

NZone

Quote from: tomswift2002 on June 09, 2021, 04:28:28 PM
Looks like you%u2019ve got a rare Scholastic edition of one of the later Mystery Stories (I can%u2019t tell which one, it%u2019s the beige one).  I%u2019ve never seen the spine%u2019s so it%u2019s interesting how they modified the spine.

The Secret of the Soldier's Gold. It's weird because there's no number on it anywhere.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

What's also weird is how everything's squeezes at the top.  There's no room between the top of the spine & "The Hardy Boys".

MacGyver

I recently got a copy of The Hardy Boys Three-In-One hardback released by Grosset & Dunlap, featuring The Tower Treasure, The House on the Cliff and The Secret of the Old Mill. Unfortunately, the book is very weathered and battered; the spine is held together with thick tape. Still, it's nice to finally find a copy at a used book store.
  And just yesterday, I found a really cool find quite unexpectedly at my local Goodwill. I now have a copy of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Sleuths! 2 that is the quite scarce standard release version. (There is another version that has a banner on the front saying "Compliments of Walden Books and Kool-Aid", which is far more common.) The copy I found has water damage and some tears but it's still a neat, rare find that I'll happily take for cheap from the thrift store. :) 8)

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on June 30, 2021, 10:42:56 AM
I recently got a copy of The Hardy Boys Three-In-One hardback released by Grosset & Dunlap, featuring The Tower Treasure, The House on the Cliff and The Secret of the Old Mill. Unfortunately, the book is very weathered and battered; the spine is held together with thick tape. Still, it's nice to finally find a copy at a used book store.
  And just yesterday, I found a really cool find quite unexpectedly at my local Goodwill. I now have a copy of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Sleuths! 2 that is the quite scarce standard release version. (There is another version that has a banner on the front saying "Compliments of Walden Books and Kool-Aid", which is far more common.) The copy I found has water damage and some tears but it's still a neat, rare find that I'll happily take for cheap from the thrift store. :) 8)

"Super Sleuths 2" is also scarce in the "Compliments of Hastings" banner.  But, by and far that Waldenbooks/Kool-Aid version seems to be the one with the highest release.

I've never seen the back cover of the standard edition.  Does it have a write-up on it?

MacGyver

Yeah- I forgot about the "Compliments of Hastings" one. I haven't run across that one yet.
  And yes- the standard issue of this book does indeed have a write up on the back cover.
I'll get a picture up here when I can for you and anyone else curious.

MacGyver