#56 The Jungle Pyramid

Started by tomswift2002, July 16, 2019, 01:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

The Jungle Pyramid
Written by: Vincent Buranelli
Other Hardy Boys by author: #20 Revised, #22 Revised, 49, 51, 55, 57, 61, 63, 64, 65, 71, 75, 77 (also Tom Swift Jr. #33 "Tom Swift And The Galaxy Ghosts")

Plot:  When $1 Million dollars in gold bars is stolen from the Wakefield Mint, the Hardy's are called in to investigate.

Review:  It's interesting that the Hardy's visit Wakefield as I kept thinking of Wakefield Damon from the Tom Swift Sr series.  Otherwise I found this story to be pretty bad.  There were scenes that just felt like fluff and had been put in just because the author needed to make up the pages.  The skiing scene in the Alps was one such scene.  It didn't add anything and was just there to fill up a few chapters.  And each clue was handed to the Hardy's on a silver platter.  Also I really hate when it turns out the crook hires the Hardy's! Really this book is in the bottom 3 of the G&D books with the original "Disappearing Floor" And "The Secret Warning".  It's funny, but Vincent Buranelli also wrote what is considered to be the worst Tom Swift book ever, "Galaxy Ghosts".

Rating:  1/10
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca