What Do You think of the Hardy Boys Undercver Brothers ?

Started by Frank rules, January 16, 2009, 06:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank rules

A. S&S should end the series Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers and start back with the obviously more popular casefiles.

B. Let the series continue and hopefully the series will get better as time passes

C. S&S should just be done with the Hardy Boys alltogether and use their influence from the series to build a good fan base for a fresh and more well-thhought-out series.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

SDLagent

I think, if you look through the forums for a few minutes, you'll learn more then enough of what I think of the STUPID UB books.

tomswift2002

I agree.  You'll find on this site that very few people really don't care for the UB's, but are passionate about the Casefiles & Hardy Boys Original/Digest lines.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 17, 2009, 10:37:23 AM
I agree.  You'll find on this site that very few people really care for the UB's, but are passionate about the Casefiles & Hardy Boys Original/Digest lines.
Very few? 4 of 10 top 10 posters like the UBs and even more regulars that aren't on the top 10 do too.

SDLagent

Well, pretty much all the users prefer one of the other Hardy Boys series more then the Undercover Brothers.

Lola

Count me as "one of the few" who like the UBs. But then I don't take them that seriously and enjoy them for what they are...light entertainment!

SDLagent

I get where your coming from, Lola. I probably just expect hope for too much.

Q

I think I'm the only one who likes both Casefiles and Undercover Brothers equally.

Kerin

I choose a fourth option.

They should continue the UBs' but they should also continue the Casefiles.
That way everyone gets the books they like.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

003Robin457

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bella Swan on January 18, 2009, 12:15:42 PM
I choose a fourth option.

They should continue the UBs' but they should also continue the Casefiles.
That way everyone gets the books they like.

We've already started to talk about that: http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=770.msg6717#msg6717
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

003Robin457

Man I thought it sounded fimilar.
Man If I was the Head of S&S I'd do that and I'd also like to bring back the Digest and it would be cool if they had Hardy Boys books that where more Teen based, like 250+ pages.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on January 18, 2009, 01:58:17 PM
Man I thought it sounded fimilar.
Man If I was the Head of S&S I'd do that and I'd also like to bring back the Digest and it would be cool if they had Hardy Boys books that where more Teen based, like 250+ pages.

And in the third person.

Frank rules

Responding to reply #5, how can any teen see the HBUBs as even light entertainment.They have completely lost the whole whodunit layout and the action that made the Casefiles and Digests  so popular. Now the plot is so thin that even a 3 year old could see who the villain is from about chaper 5. And if they couldn't, then it is because S&S might not even know who they want to make the villain until the end (I repeat, Murder House series, I see you out there!) >:(

SDLagent

Quote from: Frank rules on January 18, 2009, 04:01:18 PM
Responding to reply #5, how can any teen see the HBUBs as even light entertainment.They have completely lost the whole whodunit layout and the action that made the Casefiles and Digests  so popular. Now the plot is so thin that even a 3 year old could see who the villain is from about chaper 5. And if they couldn't, then it is because S&S might not even know who they want to make the villain until the end (I repeat, Murder House series, I see you out there!) >:(

ROTFLOL! ;D ;D Do you hear that Lola? A teen! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your in her good books, now, man.

I disagree with your comment about them losing the whodunit layout. I find the UB are that, more then any other HB series, in that, in the UB there's always one person, and the Hardys spend the whole book trying to find out who it is. Whereas in other series, the Hardys find out who the bad guys are halfway through the book and spend the rest off the book trying to outsmart the baddies.