Haunted

Started by Lola, August 05, 2008, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Yeah, a huge gang...of three people!

Q

Who says it has to be a huge gang? And there was more members than the ones that the Hardys tangled with.

SDLagent

Can you even call three people a gang?

003Robin457

How about:
1 -Criminal
2 -Partners
3+ -Gang

Olivia

I finally read Haunted and I thought it was alright. It was interesting enough and the style of writing was good IMO, even if I didn't really like the plot with "ghosts" and the "detention center" (or whatever it is).

I think whoever wrote it took the idea and ran with it pretty well, actually.

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on December 28, 2008, 04:23:23 PM
You also forgot to mention that in the Undercover Brothers series there is no such thing as a criminal gang of many people.  There are only criminal gangs of one in the series...even in the trilogies, only one criminal does all the crimes in one book.
DD#2 Had a Gang.

Olivia

What's interesting is that the UBs try to keep everything modern...

(Now this is NOT a criticism, just an observation because I haven't thought it through myself if I care about the addition of "gangs" to the UBs plots).

...but in this day of age when gangs are a huge problem, it's curious they don't really include them.

Could a reason be because it would mean more violence and then the books wouldn't be as kid-friendly?

Bigfootman

Quote from: Blondie on February 07, 2009, 06:35:55 PM
What's interesting is that the UBs try to keep everything modern...

(Now this is NOT a criticism, just an observation because I haven't thought it through myself if I care about the addition of "gangs" to the UBs plots).

...but in this day of age when gangs are a huge problem, it's curious they don't really include them.

Could a reason be because it would mean more violence and then the books wouldn't be as kid-friendly?

If it was suppoed to be completly kid freindly, they wouldn't so much murders.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Yeah, I think most crimes committed by teenagers are illegal parking, holding up corner stores, gang beatings, spray-painting all over town.

Definitely not murdering just to win a hot-dog eating contest!!!!????
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Yeah, good points.

The thing with the hot-dog eating contest - as hilarious/ridiculous as that sounds - it was murder for money, not exactly for winning hot-dog eating. Lol.

But couldn't they just steal money instead? That's more likely/realistic ::)

HB@1718

I've read Haunted, like, a million times, and its pretty good. I especially liked the seance! That, like, freaked me out!

JoeHardyRocks

I haven't read it in a while, but one of the parts made me say "I totally shouldn't have read this at night!" :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

HB@1718

Oh, but that's the fun part-- reading it at night!

003Robin457

Yeah its usually worth staying up late to get that added scare. Sometimes during the day your like this is stupid but at night it is scary.

JoeHardyRocks

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll get a scary book out and read 'till 2:00 and freak myself out. :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."