The Hardy Boys Season 2: Full Trailer

Started by SkyWarp, March 23, 2022, 11:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

According to Hulu, the second season picks up six months after the events of Season 1, building on the mystery and drama of the inaugural season and welcoming new friends and suspects. In Season 2, when a Bridgeport classmate mysteriously disappears, Frank (Rohan Campbell) and Joe Hardy (Alexander Elliot) drop their new normal routine to get back to detective work. But when they discover the mystical relic they destroyed last year is still in play, it becomes clear their simple missing person case is actually part of something far more sinister. The Hardy boys and their friends must quickly learn who they can and can't trust as they race against time to unravel the truth, and ultimately realize that no one is safe from their past. The Hardy Boys Season 2 premieres Wednesday, April 6, only on Hulu.

SkyWarp

Any seen the list of actors and their character names?  Some interesting ones here if this is accurate, plus it looks like maybe there were some changes?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14870720/fullcredits/

Dennis Gilroy (relative of Jerry?)
Angela Todd (no idea, maybe related to Mary Todd in The Secret of the Caves or just a new character)
Belinda Conrad (Undercover Brothers character)
Mack Malone (Mystery of Cabin Island)

MacGyver

The trailer looks quite interesting! I'm glad this Hardy Boys show is getting another season and I'm excited to check it out. It's also great that some other book characters are being added. :)  8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 23, 2022, 12:55:30 PMThe trailer looks quite interesting! I'm glad this Hardy Boys show is getting another season and I'm excited to check it out. It's also great that some other book characters are being added. :)  8)

Who are the other book characters?

Raven

Oh, they changed the actor for Fenton. And they've added Deputy Riley.

I see from the trailer this show has been nominated for the Emmy Award? That's interesting.  :)

MacGyver

Quote from: Katie on March 23, 2022, 04:05:24 PMWho are the other book characters?
There are a couple ones for sure and others that could be book characters.
As Skywarp mentioned, Dennis Gilroy could be a relative of Jerry Gilroy. Lucy Wayne might be related to Jack Wayne. Belinda Conrad is a character from the Undercover Brothers books. And Vanessa Bender is a Casefiles character!
See the full cast list on IMDB for more.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt14870720/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Is it just me or do this series and the Nancy Drew one both deal with the occult?  I haven't seen either but from what I've read, the ND is pretty heavy in the supernatural.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 24, 2022, 09:05:53 AMIs it just me or do this series and the Nancy Drew one both deal with the occult?  I haven't seen either but from what I've read, the ND is pretty heavy in the supernatural.

I watched the first season (or most of it) of ND and yes, very much so. 

For the Hardy Boys, I guess it depends on one's definitions and focus.  It was about a secret society and then eventually the season ended with what appears to be a supernatural item with powers (maybe like how marvel movies deal with hydra and their use of mysterious powerful objects from space).  It was never fully explained as the season ended.  From the looks of it, we may get more in season 2. 

tomswift2002

The few times the books dealt with supernatural subjects, I never really felt like those were the best plots for the Hardy's.  Like The Case of The Psychic's Vision (#171, 2003).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

There were a number of books in the late '70s and '80s that delved into supernatural phenomena particularly. I'm thinking of the early Digests after Simon & Schuster took over. I don't recall that any of them really acknowledged the supernatural elements as real but The Case of the Psychic's Vision flat out accepted that clairvoyance is real. I don't think too many other Hardy Boys blatantly acknowledge the existence of supernatural phenomena outside of the Ghost Stories.
    I can enjoy that in a story to a degree but I hope the show doesn't go really far into it like the Nancy Drew show has done.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 24, 2022, 08:57:39 PMThe few times the books dealt with supernatural subjects, I never really felt like those were the best plots for the Hardy's.  Like The Case of The Psychic's Vision (#171, 2003).

That's one of my favorites. Way better than the CW Nancy Drew series.

Raven

The production company has created the website https://www.thehardyboystv.com/. You can even listen to the soundtrack from the first season.

MacGyver

Quote from: Raven on March 26, 2022, 05:04:11 AMThe production company has created the website https://www.thehardyboystv.com/. You can even listen to the soundtrack from the first season.
Cool! Thanks for sharing!