Undercover Brothers #25 Double Trouble

Started by SDLagent, June 28, 2008, 02:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 27, 2008, 11:14:33 AM
Do you mean to say that the network stole some plot of the originals... Wait it was you that said it. So what is the problem with the network copying things, but there is a problem with ATAC copying things!

Considering that SKOOL only showed up in The Secret agent On Flight 101, the Network really didn't have any competition.   Plus, the Hardy Boys never became agents of SKOOL. 

Really, the only competition that the Network had with previous government agencies that the Hardys had worked for and had been agents of was the agency from the 3rd season of the Hardy Boys TV show.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Yes, in the first story of Season Three of The Hardy Boys Mysteries, Frank and Joe meet agents from the US Justice Department. Then in the second episode after solving a case in about a week, that the agency had been working on for the past seven (between five and seven, can't remember for sure) years, are asked to work for the Department. They work for the JD for pretty much the same reason they work for ATAC - in some undercover cases adults stick out to much.

Fenton also gets a job with agency, but works more behind the scenes, whereas the boys work in the field.

Also, this two part story (The Last Kiss of Summer), in many ways reminds me of The Hardy Boys Casefiles #1 Dead on Target. In Last Kiss, Joe's fiancee is killed, and as a result Joe makes it his personal mission to bring her killer to justice. At the end of the case when Frank tells him the JD's offer, Joe says he feels very empty right now, and maybe a job with the agency, will help fill his life. I'm sure anyone who's read the early Casefiles, can see similarities.

bozonessinc

Quote from: SDLagent on October 28, 2008, 01:30:05 AM
Yes, in the first story of Season Three of The Hardy Boys Mysteries, Frank and Joe meet agents from the US Justice Department. Then in the second episode after solving a case in about a week, that the agency had been working on for the past seven (between five and seven, can't remember for sure) years, are asked to work for the Department. They work for the JD for pretty much the same reason they work for ATAC - in some undercover cases adults stick out to much.

Fenton also gets a job with agency, but works more behind the scenes, whereas the boys work in the field.

Also, this two part story (The Last Kiss of Summer), in many ways reminds me of The Hardy Boys Casefiles #1 Dead on Target. In Last Kiss, Joe's fiancee is killed, and as a result Joe makes it his personal mission to bring her killer to justice. At the end of the case when Frank tells him the JD's offer, Joe says he feels very empty right now, and maybe a job with the agency, will help fill his life. I'm sure anyone who's read the early Casefiles, can see similarities.

Wow Joe has a fiance?

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 28, 2008, 10:59:32 AM
Wow Joe has a fiance?

From what I've read and seen of from the first 2 seasons of the Hardy Boys, Joe's fiancee just appeared out of nowhere.  In the first two seasons there is no mention of Joe having a girlfriend or dating.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 28, 2008, 10:59:32 AM
Wow Joe has a fiance?

Warning: SPOILERS FOLLOW

Yes, but she is killed shortly after their wedding rehearsal by a drunk driver.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 28, 2008, 06:35:57 PM
From what I've read and seen of from the first 2 seasons of the Hardy Boys, Joe's fiancee just appeared out of nowhere.  In the first two seasons there is no mention of Joe having a girlfriend or dating.

Well, at the beginning of The Last Kiss of Summer it is indicated that Joe has been vacationing on the East Coast for some time, and has and is going to be going home in a few days. In this time he has met a girl he has fell in love with, so with his visit coming to an end, Joe proposes to Jamie.

When Joe tells Frank of their engagement, Frank seems to have heard of Jamie, already. Because of this I think Joe must have been in California for at least a month and a half, maybe even the whole summer.

bozonessinc

Is this during missions? I have not read those books?

SDLagent

Is what during the mission? And BTW, this is from the 1977 TV show, not a book.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 29, 2008, 11:01:48 AM
Is this during missions? I have not read those books?

Hopefully The Last Kiss Of Summer and the rest of Season 3 of the Hardy Boys Mysteries will be released sometime next year (2009) (and that estimate is being based on the fact that Season 1 of the show appeared in March 2005 and Season 2 in June 2007 on DVD).

003Robin457

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 29, 2008, 05:48:12 PM
Probaly, I mean isn't it logical.

It is logical, but at the same time you have to remember that with the 1970's Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew TV series Universal has to clear a lot of rights in order to release it on DVD.  Back in 1977-1979 Universal would've obtained permission from all the actors as well as the music rights holders to all the music on the show and other rights for the purpose of distributing the shows to Television Stations for broadcast over the air. However the original 1970's contracts would not have included permission for Universal to release and distribute the episodes on home video. 

Now then Season 3 is probably going to be the hardest season to get released on DVD, since with Season 1, aside from The Disappearing Floor, all the Hardy Boys episodes in that set had been released on VHS, BetaMax and Discovision (Discovision only had the pilot released on it, and the pilot was not released on VHS or BetaMax) back in the 1980's.  Plus a few of the Nancy Drew episodes from Season 1 had also been released.  Season 2 had had 3 Hardy Boys and 1 or 2 Nancy Drew episodes released on VHS and Betamax in the 1980's. 

Now then Season 3 did have the episode The Search For Atlantis released on VHS back around the late 1980's, but that episode was released by Goodtimes Home Entertainment, so the rights to release that two-parter on VHS may've been negotiated by Goodtimes Home Entertainment and may not have been negotiated, in any way, by Universal.  So even with that episode, for Season 3 to be released on DVD, Universal may have to renegotiate the rights on that episode and the rights to every other Season 3 episode to release the season.

Just last month tvshowsondvd.com posted an article about what 20th Century Fox is having to go through with the 1966 Batman TV series.  When you look at the article you'll notice that for Fox, even though Fox owns the film, Fox does not have the right to release anything of the series on DVD yet, unless it is like a clip montage of the show; aside from the theatrical movie.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Watchmen-Batman-Deal-Reported/10573

003Robin457

Man I'd buy Batman in a heartbeat if it was out!

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 29, 2008, 06:10:00 PM
Man I'd buy Batman in a heartbeat if it was out!

Well the movie has been out on VHS since the 80's, and the DVD was released back in 2001, and then just this past summer Fox reissued the movie on Blu-Ray about 4 days before The Dark Knight opened in theaters.

003Robin457

I saw the movie but the show was susposta' be alot better and I cant see it! Need DVD!

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 29, 2008, 06:20:19 PM
I saw the movie but the show was susposta' be alot better and I cant see it! Need DVD!

Or you need to find a TV channel that airs the older programs and airs the 1966 Batman series.

003Robin457