#30 The Secret Agent On Flight 101

Started by tomswift2002, July 03, 2018, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Published 1967

Plot: When the Hardy's and Chet go to a magician's show, Fenton Hardy volunteers to be part of a disappearing act.  Unfortunately Fenton Hardy disappears permanently!  Frank and Joe immediately start an investigation into the magician and get drawn into a case of international espionage. 

Review:  I remember first getting this book in the summer of 1994.  My mom found it at a garage sale, and I don't really remember all that much about it.   Aside from the SKOOL and UGLI things, I don't remember the book.  Of course it's interesting how it was published 20 years before the Casefiles would debut in 1987 featuring the Hardy's working for the Network, and even 11 years before Season 3 of the TV show.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I like this one, as I do all of them, of course. I think this book took inspiration from the spy shows and movies of the time, like the James Bond movies and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. and others.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I finished the book the other day.  In the end it was so-so.  It was not one of the better Mystery Stories.  A couple of times I found that the author had the boys flying off to Scotland just to add some chapters to the book.

Rating: 4.8 out of 10
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca