#43 Strategic Moves (31st Anniversary Review)

Started by tomswift2002, August 24, 2021, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on February 28, 2022, 10:00:27 PMWith everything now going on with Russia and other surrounding counties, it's even more apparent.

The Hardy's have dealt with Russia few times, mostly in the Casefiles, but we saw back in 1981 the Hardy's tangle with the Russians and Soviets in The Submarine Caper & The Four-Headed Dragon

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 01, 2022, 07:23:23 AMThe Hardy's have dealt with Russia few times, mostly in the Casefiles, but we saw back in 1981 the Hardy's tangle with the Russians and Soviets in The Submarine Caper & The Four-Headed Dragon

The Silver Star and Swamp Monster as well, right?

tomswift2002

I don't remember the Russians/Soviets playing a role in Swamp Monster.

But the 1954-1971 The New Tom Swift Jr Adventure/Tom Swift Science Adventures dealt with two fictional countries that were stand ins for Russia and other Soviet countries: Brungaria & Kranjovia.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 01, 2022, 09:09:36 PMI don't remember the Russians/Soviets playing a role in Swamp Monster.

But 1954-1971 The New Tom Swift Jr Adventure/Tom Swift Science Adventures dealt with two fictional countries that were stand-ins for Russia and other Soviet countries: Brungaria & Kranjovia.
Tom Swift Science Adventures?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on March 01, 2022, 09:26:34 PMTom Swift Science Adventures?
In the UK the series was called The Tom Swift Science Adventures.  Also only 20 of the 33 books were issued there.  But copies of books near the end of the series, like Cosmotron Express are cheaper in the UK variant versus the US.

https://www.tomswift.info/homepage/british.html

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 02, 2022, 06:42:02 AMIn the UK the series was called The Tom Swift Science Adventures.  Also, only 20 of the 33 books were issued there.  But copies of books near the end of the series, like Cosmotron Express are cheaper in the UK variant versus the US.

https://www.tomswift.info/homepage/british.html
I'll have to see if I can get them.

tomswift2002

I'm just thinking of this novel right new with the Breaking News of former Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev's passing.

MacGyver

I hadn't heard that about Mikhail Gorbachev's death! Wow- I remember when that guy was leader of the USSR. May God bless and comfort his family in this sad time. :(
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on August 30, 2022, 05:57:40 PMI hadn't heard that about Mikhail Gorbachev's death! Wow- I remember when that guy was leader of the USSR. May God bless and comfort his family in this sad time. :(

It's actual interesting when you look at pictures of Gorbachev, you notice that birth mark on the top of his head.  In the 1930's there was a prophecy made about him coming to power and letting the Jews leave the Soviet Union.

https://youtu.be/VA9JyRWNLqg

MacGyver

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 31, 2022, 03:42:52 PMIt's actual interesting when you look at pictures of Gorbachev, you notice that birth mark on the top of his head.  In the 1930's there was a prophecy made about him coming to power and letting the Jews leave the Soviet Union.

https://youtu.be/VA9JyRWNLqg

The only prophecies I'm concerned about are the ones in The Bible. And given the number of scandals surrounding Perry Stone and the ridiculous claims he's made, it's hard for me to take anything he says seriously.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"