Favorite Hardy Boys covers

Started by SDLagent, March 12, 2010, 04:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

MacGyver

What about the revised cover art? This is supposed to be Frank in this shot, isn't it? At least he looks a lot friendlier than this other guy.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

And I guess Grosset & Dunlap thought it best to remove the girl from the window.

Mattie

Quote from: SDLagent on April 08, 2010, 02:02:19 AM
And I guess Grosset & Dunlap thought it best to remove the girl from the window.
i almost missed that

MacGyver

Yeah- wouldn't want Frank to be a peeping Tom.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Mattie

Olivia

Quote from: SDLagent on March 12, 2010, 04:43:17 PM
There's been a lot of great Hardy Boys covers over the years, and I thought it would be fun to post our favorite ones, here. I'll get things started by posting two of my favs.

Have never seen that first one before, or the rest of the classics you posted (except similar updated G&D versions). I really like them. They're cool.

The second one is also one of my favs.

Quote from: MacGyver on March 13, 2010, 01:04:29 PM

Yes, this is definitely one of the best!

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on March 15, 2010, 01:38:13 PM
The end of the book was the worst ending in Casefile history. (Altough the ending of Dead In The Water, where Joe cheats on Vanessa  :o, comes at a close second.)

Thanks for the spoiler :P

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on March 18, 2010, 11:29:49 AM
Back to the topic of covers, the ?TV covers? were the worst covers I have ever seen on Hardy Boys books before the UBs. The one for Cave Trap was the worst. I?m planning to cover the cover with a blank sheet of paper so I don?t have to look at it when I want to read the book.

This made me LOL.

Mattie

i love the cover for "what happened at midnight"

hardygirl847

This will come as no surprise to anyone who has read my posts about my favorite Hardy Boys book...

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: Olivia on October 15, 2010, 07:15:22 PM
Have never seen that first one before, or the rest of the classics you posted (except similar updated G&D versions). I really like them. They're cool.

Yeah, cool retro feel.

Quote from: hardygirl847 on October 16, 2010, 03:59:48 PM
This will come as no surprise to anyone who has read my posts about my favorite Hardy Boys book...

That's a good one. I don't think the Hardys would fight like that, though.

MacGyver

Funny how this theme is revisited in #80 Dead of Night

hardygirl847

Yes, BAB, and DoN do have similar covers.

SDLagent, yeah I don't think they would fight like that either. It does seem a little much for what happens but they do fight in the story. So...it's just an embellishment of what really happens. This is VERY true of the Graphic novels.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on October 18, 2010, 04:01:30 PM
Funny how this theme is revisited in #80 Dead of Night

Are Frank and Joe fighting each other on that cover? I always thought they were fighting ghosts.

tomswift2002

No, Joe's swinging a shovel at Frank because he is pumped up on crazy juice.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 22, 2010, 07:20:14 PM
No, Joe's swinging a shovel at Frank because he is pumped up on crazy juice.

Yeah poor Joe thinks  "they" got to Frank too. Frank tries to reach to him brother to brother. It's a great moment.