The Hardy Boys - S1E2 - Where the Light Can't Find You

Started by SkyWarp, December 04, 2020, 10:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize they were quite that old! And as a huge Superman fan, I appreciate the sighting referenced in The Adventures of Superman:) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

NZone

There's a great book called The Political Spectrum about how most of our modern technology is incredibly old and was prevented from coming to market by the FCC and other governments. He specifically mentions about how cell phone technology was around in the 1940s but the government didn't get around to issuing licenses until the 1980s.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on October 18, 2021, 09:03:46 PMI think the 1995 The Hardy Boys show was fairly close to a Casefiles-esque show. This series is more of an amalgam of the classic original series books with some Casefiles influence and outside influences. (i.e. Riverdale to some degree, in my opinion)
Riverdale is awful. I hope to see what the Hardy Boys season two will be like.

MacGyver

Quote from: Katie on February 22, 2022, 04:54:13 PMRiverdale is awful. I hope to see what the Hardy Boys season two will be like.
Totally agreed!

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

That would be the ideal, of course. I think the first season was pretty great overall but there are definitely some things that can be better.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I wonder if they'll put Nancy Drew and Tom Swift in? I'd love that.

MacGyver

I would love to see that too- as long as it's not a crossover with the currently running Nancy Drew show. The portrayals are worlds apart on those shows and plus The Hardy Boys of the 2020 show and the Nancy Drew of the 2019 show are basically in different universes. (Different time periods too, since The Hardy Boys is in the '80s and I presume Nancy Drew is in the present day.)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 01, 2022, 04:05:14 PMI would love to see that too- as long as it's not a crossover with the currently running Nancy Drew show. The portrayals are worlds apart on those shows and plus The Hardy Boys of the 2020 show and the Nancy Drew of the 2019 show are basically in different universes. (Different time periods too, since The Hardy Boys is in the '80s and I presume Nancy Drew is in the present day.
Nancy Drew, I still don't know what they're trying to do. I'd not put her with the current book series either, it's that weird.