The Murder House Trilogy Spoiler Board

Started by SDLagent, May 16, 2008, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Probably not. Even ''Operation Pheonix'' wasn't.

SDLagent

The back cover summary of the final book in Murder House has been revealed.

ATAC Briefing for Agents Frank and Joe Hardy

MISSION: To finally get to the bottom of the ongoing deadly scares taking place on the set of the reality TV show Deprivation House.

LOCATION: A huge villa in Beverly Hills, CA, without a single luxury left inside.

POTENTIAL VICTIMS: Every contestant on the reality show is in extreme danger.

SUSPECTS: It's possible one of the new contestants has a devious agenda, or else someone who's been there all along is hiding a huge secret.

It's pretty bad when on the back cover of book three in a mystery trilogy, it practically says the culprit is someone who wasn't there from the beginning. Sad.

003Robin457

I wish these back covers had better descriptions! So what is it there that we don't know?

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on August 28, 2008, 03:35:13 PM
It's pretty bad when on the back cover of book three in a mystery trilogy, it practically says the culprit is someone who wasn't there from the beginning. Sad.

If the culprit is someone new, this book is going to suck air!
It's obvious how thin this trilogy is, they keep adding more contestants almost every time they lose one! :o
When they voted Kit Elroy off, they added Gail Digby. When Bobby T and Mikey Chan left, they added George and Georgina Tagart! The only people that they didn't make up for were Rosemary and Wilson! Reality shows don't keep adding more contestants! How is anybody supposed to win if they keep adding more people? The writer doesn't have enough plot for three books, so he/she has to keep adding more plot lines (more contestants) so he/she can keep the trilogy going! Well I'm sorry folks, but this (so far) is not a trilogy! This is three different stories that happen to have that same characters in them!
What are the odds that three of the people on a random TV show have foul play on the mind? If that were the case in real life, reality shows would be outlawed!
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

003Robin457

I know!!  :( Unless ;D someone (a villin) gets in the shows high-ups and makes them keep putting in new people who are part of his gang to sabatoge the show. And if this trilogy is related to the Double Danger trilogy, after all it is a movie right and this is a game show they are bouth Hollywood, mabey the mastermind escapes and they trace him to the next trilogy!

Sam Spade

I strongly doubt that the trilogy's will be linked together, Robin.
But I suppose it's possible. :-\

003Robin457

Who knows? I just get bored and ponder these things. But it would be cool though. 8)

Sam Spade

Apparently S&S doesn't know about this forum, because if anyone employed by them ever read any posts on this site, they would have STOPPED WRITING THE UBS BY NOW! ::)
WHERE ARE YOU, S&S?!?!

SDLagent

I don't think the trilogies will be linked in anyway. I mean they can't even do that within one trilogy! I wish they were but...

tomswift2002

And from what I've seen so far, in terms of plot, the author(s) keep using the same plot in each book of the trilogy.  Book 1, let's have someone murder contestants.  Book 2, lets have someone else murder more contestants.  Book 3, well, it's MURDER HOUSE, so lets have even more murders of contestants!!!?????

Why couldn't they have maybe had an overall murder plot, but then each book was about something else.  Book 1 could've been about drug trafficking.  Book 2, blackmail.  Book 3, Animal poaching. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

So why do you guys think new players keep coming in? ??? We already have 10+ plenty of chacters! :-\

SDLagent

Basicly thay keep adding character at the end of the books, for the next book. Pretty bad. It just adds to the unconnected stories.

tomswift2002

And it just shows that whoever the authors are on these books they just keep groping at straws, even though they have nothing left for this series.  Maybe they should get back to writing Digest #191 The Return of Jake Herman.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

I just got Murder House the book today, and it does not redeem the trilogy series.  In the final chapter (Chapter 16 Game Over page 157) it mentions that this book had absolutely nothing to do with the previous two books in terms of the case.  In other words, the only thing that linked this trilogy together was the location???????  That is an extremely weak story thread to base a trilogy on. 

Also, the bad guy in this book was Brynn Flhgym who turned out to be trying to reconstruct her memory, from years ago when she lived in the house, from the night when her mom or dad killed the other parent, becoming a very psychological event that Brynn's child mind blocked it out and the only way that she was able to reconstruct it was by revisiting the house and committing murder.   

Not only a dumb trilogy, a equally if not dumber story.

My verdict right now:  There was never going to be any trilogy.  Simon & Schuster thought that they could increase sales of the series by claiming that they were bringing out a trilogy when, infact, they were infact creating false advertising because they knew the series had gotten to the point where it was no good anymore and that the next 6 months (May 2008-September 2008) would see 3 extremely weak stories.  My advice for new readers, don't even bother picking up this garbage trilogy.  Pick up one of the Grosset & Dunlap Hardcover books, or one of the Aladdin Paperbacks Hardy Boys Digests or even try to locate some books from the Hardy Boys Casefiles.

BUT AVOID THE HARDY BOYS UNDERCOVER BROTHERS AT ALL COSTS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOTHING BUT GARBAGE AND POOR WRITING AND ARE NOT WORTH YOUR TIME.[/i]

Rating for Murder House the book: Rating to come
Rating for Murder House the trilogy: 0.5 out of 10

Lola

Don't hold back now, Tom....tell us how you really feel about the UBs!! ::) :P

I was curious after having read Murder House I went back to page 157 and for the life of me.....I just could not see what you did! I can't for the life of me read where the writer shows that this third book is no way related to the other two and the only thing that makes it a trilogy is the location. The way I read it was a lot of disappointed contestants that the game had ended.