The Murder House Trilogy Spoiler Board

Started by SDLagent, May 16, 2008, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 25, 2008, 05:02:11 PM
Yeah, you should use spell check.

But I know that the one Hardy Boys series that everyone complains about having a lot of grammatical errors and typos is the Frank and Joe Are/The Hardy Boys Are: The Clues Brothers that ran from 1997-2000.
Yes, but writing in the book. That is kind of messed up.

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 24, 2008, 02:23:20 PM
But you have to be looking for mistakes to really find them, see I don't go looking for them so I don't find them and why should I want to find errors!
I don't look for them, either. But a mistake like that makes the book confusing to read, so I notice.

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 25, 2008, 10:17:01 AM
I don't read every word. I mostly skim read. I don't understand why.. But I do!

That could explain why you miss mistakes.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 25, 2008, 05:38:17 PM
Yes, but writing in the book. That is kind of messed up.

I've read a couple of Hardy Boys and Star Trek books from the library and even used that I know someone used for a book report, since there are times where I'll see portions of the text bracketed in pencil with notes like "foreshadowing" and "pathos".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 25, 2008, 01:27:38 PM
You went through it, or when it came in the mail, there were write ins. If it was like that when it came in the mail, maybe you should send it back.

I just ordered a used copy and it came like that. And I was like "What?" Who goes trough a book fixin' the spellin' an' gramer? But it didn't realy bother me.

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 26, 2008, 11:26:48 AM
I just ordered a used copy and it came like that. And I was like "What?" Who goes trough a book fixin' the spellin' an' gramer? But it didn't realy bother me.

Maybe the book was originally owned by an English teacher????
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

Oh, that's where my old book went. "wink as a joke"

Anyone getting tired of me doing that yet?

But to make this more of a useful post, do you think all those mistakes are missed because they have a deadline?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 26, 2008, 02:51:10 PM
Oh, that's where my old book went. "wink as a joke"

Anyone getting tired of me doing that yet?

But to make this more of a useful post, do you think all those mistakes are missed because they have a deadline?

The people at $&$ probably don't give a care in the bucket about the series.  $&$ just wants to milk people dry of their hard earned money on books that have very weak plots, are nothing even remotely like the series that the books are based on, and contain tons of spelling and grammatical errors. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the manuscripts for the UB were being written by someone in the 10th grade, who didn't bother to use spell check, and just printed the books off, sent them to an editor who didn't read them and the editor just passed the script onto the printers without looking at it.

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 26, 2008, 03:01:39 PM
The people at $&$ probably don't give a care in the bucket about the series.  $&$ just wants to milk people dry of their hard earned money on books that have very weak plots, are nothing even remotely like the series that the books are based on, and contain tons of spelling and grammatical errors. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the manuscripts for the UB were being written by someone in the 10th grade, who didn't bother to use spell check, and just printed the books off, sent them to an editor who didn't read them and the editor just passed the script onto the printers without looking at it.

Even my Casefile fanfic project has better writing. My teacher says but grammer and spelling is perfect on it, something that can't be said with most UBs

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 26, 2008, 03:01:39 PM

$and$ may just be in it for the money, but it is still good!

NZone

Uh, THEY ARE A COMPANY!! THEY ARE JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY!! DUHH! Corporations don't have a heart, nor should they, their only purpose is to make money for themselves and their stockholders. ::) GOSH!
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 08, 2008, 09:06:24 AM
Maybe, I need to show more respect for a casefile fan... They may switch there allegience if I don't.

SDLagent

I don't think he cares what your "allegience" is. I, for one, don't.

bozonessinc

In the wars people used to. Really, I don't think you care about who anyone has there allegience with SDL!