Favorite 23

Started by tomswift2002, March 12, 2021, 03:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite Hardy Boys #23 book?

The Melted Coins (Original Series/Text, 1944)
1 (50%)
The Melted Coins (Original Series/Revised Text1970)
0 (0%)
Disaster For Hire (Casefiles, 1989)
1 (50%)
Dead On Arrival (SuperMystery'88, 1995)
0 (0%)
House Arrest (Book 2 Murder House Trilogy) (Undercover Brothers, 2008)
0 (0%)
Nancy Drew Together With The Hardy Boys (Graphic Novels, 2011)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

tomswift2002

So I'm reading the 1944 version of "The Melted Coins" right now, and I was wondering what everyone's favorite #23.  The Graphic Novels I realize that NDTWTHB is from "The New Casefiles", which only had 3 books, but I consider those books part of the other Graphic novel series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

"Murder On The Mayhem Express" will be released in June 2021 as #23 in the Adventures series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

This was a tougher choice but I went with Disaster for Hire because I feel like I would be more apt to reread that than the others on the list. The Melted Coins- either version- is good too but it isn't as memorable a book to me as others.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Well when you think about, the Revised text of The Melted Coins was originally going to be issued as #49 The Iroquois Mystery in 1970.

MacGyver

Interesting. I've never heard that before. Where did you learn that?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

"Hardy & Hardy Investigations" by Tony Carpentieri & Paul Mylar.  The 1970 The Melted Coins was originally titled as The Iroquois Mystery and was to be released as one of the later books.  Instead 1970 saw The Bombay Boomerang released as #49.

MacGyver

Cool! Thanks for the information. That's one of those reference books I have heard about but never gotten. I know there are a couple out there. Maybe that should receive its own thread though.