Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

For those interested, here is an interview with Deven English, the lone female member of The Hardy Boys band that recorded and toured in conjunction with The Hardy Boys cartoon series!
:) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

After a decade of only having Here Come The Hardy Boys on iTunes, the 1970 album Wheels is now available for purchase for the first time in 51 years!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Cool! Glad to know the other Hardy Boys album finally got a digital release. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

https://youtu.be/CfJrB7IQmnM

Here's a song from the cartoon show that never made it to either LP, but it was apparently a track on the very scarce "Wheels" 8-track.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Wow! I didn't realize there was a song only released on the Wheels 8 track tape! Cool! Thanks for sharing this rare song. :) 8)

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on June 14, 2021, 09:27:48 PM
Wow! I didn't realize there was a song only released on the Wheels 8 track tape! Cool! Thanks for sharing this rare song. :) 8)

There's apparently another song that's only in the cartoon called "What Can I Do", but it apparently never got a film release, or it might've been dropped for copyright issues and replaced with another song for the 16mm releases.  But it never got on the records and hasn't been heard since the last time the series was broadcast.

But I was reading today, apparently this was one of 3 shows that Filmation had a contract with Fox in the late-60's to produce, so The Hardy Boys might be with Disney now!  (The other two were Journey To Thd Center of the Earth & Fantastic Voyage

tomswift2002

Hello Girl was recorded by Reed Kailing who voiced Frank Hardy, about 2 years earlier when he was part of the group Destination.

https://youtu.be/zHr569XwF4k

MacGyver

Thanks for the other tidbits about the cartoon show. Good to know!
   I certainly wish someone would give this version of The Hardy Boys a complete series DVD release!

MacGyver

MacGyver

Cool 1984 ad for syndication airings of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries!
:) 8)

tomswift2002

Little interesting thing, but I was watching the 1975 'Wonder Woman' Season 1 DVD set, and in the first regular episode ("Wonder Woman Meets Baroness Avon Gunther"), who shows up but Fenton Hardy himself, Edmond Gilbert as the Warden of a prison.  And he also has a son in the episode who enjoys playing detective (although it's mentioned that he like Sherlock Holmes with no mention of the Hardy Boys).  Considering this episode was made a year before the 70's Hardy Boys show, no one would've been making any connections.

MacGyver

Ha! That's neat! That's what you call a cool coincidence! I have the Wonder Woman series on DVD. One of these days when I get around to watching it, I will have to watch for Edmund Gilbert's appearance. I have actually recently been watching Bill Bixby's 1973-1974 show The Magician on DVD and I also just saw Edmund Gilbert on an episode! Of course, he was playing a villain though, so that was quite a departure from what I'm used to seeing from him as good guy detective Fenton Hardy- or even good-natured hero Baloo on Talespin:) 8)

MacGyver

Check out this awesome new interview with Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy from Entertainment Weekly as they reminisce on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. Shaun Cassidy himself shared it on his Facebook page!
 :)  8)

https://ew.com/tv/the-hardy-boys-shaun-cassidy-parker-stevenson-interview/

MacGyver

The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries is now streaming on the NBC and Peacock apps!
It's only 22 of the 46 episodes though, but there are some from all 3 seasons!

https://www.nbc.com/the-hardy-boys-nancy-drew-mysteries

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on March 22, 2023, 02:04:44 AMThe Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries is now streaming on the NBC and Peacock apps!
It's only 22 of the 46 episodes though, but there are some from all 3 seasons!

https://www.nbc.com/the-hardy-boys-nancy-drew-mysteries

Are the Season 3 episodes the Syndicated episodes from the VHS/DVD era or did Universal dig out the network masters?