GHOST OF THE HARDY BOYS: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY BY LESLIE MCFARLANE Review

Started by tomswift2002, May 08, 2021, 11:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 13, 2021, 12:35:20 PMWow! Check out this listing on Amazon.com!

It would seem maybe this book is getting a re-release on June 7, 2022?

Chapters here in Canada is reporting that the release date is being delayed a week until the 14th.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 14, 2022, 06:56:24 AMChapters here in Canada is reporting that the release date is being delayed a week until the 14th.
Yeah- I thought I saw something about that recently. Thanks for the reminder.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I just received in the mail this morning, the NEW 2022 Hardcover edition of Leslie McFarlane's Ghost of the Hardy Boys.  Interestingly, a historians note reveals some tentative titles that McFarlane was considering in the 70's, such as The Bayport Boys, The Hardys of Bayport & How I Became Franklin W. Dixon

Besides the hardcover, there is also a digital edition available, although I would recommend the hardcover as the publisher "Godine" has done the cover in the style of the 1962-1987 PC covers of the Grosset & Dunlap Hardy Boys.  So there's no dust jacket, just paper on board.  The front cover reminds me of the 1950 cover for Footprints Under The Window (which was published in PC from 1962-65). The spine also looks similar to the spines from that 62-87 era and it has a cameo of McFarlane, but unlike the Methuen edition from 1976, the cameo is based on a photo of McFarlane from the 1920's (which is included in the book), whereas in 76 the cameo was based on McFarlane in 1975-76.  The back seems to be a mashup of the 62-87 G&D back cover, and the 1970's Collins UK hardcovers.  But even the feel of the cover feels like the Collins hardcovers. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca