Wallpaper Improvements

Started by SkyWarp, May 23, 2023, 06:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

So with AI there is the potential of redoing the wallpapers and doing them much better (I am certainly not an artist).  What is everyone's thoughts on redoing the wallpapers with this as an example (in the process I would also increase the size from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440):

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

MysteryFan89

Nice, I'll have to try them out.

New account, Guess I'm starting totally over. :-\

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

Here is one I have replaced on the site already:

MysteryFan89

Quote from: SkyWarp on June 13, 2023, 07:42:47 PMHere is one I have replaced on the site already:

Love this. Now I just need to find the book. 

MacGyver

Quote from: MysteryFan89 on June 13, 2023, 11:45:12 PMLove this. Now I just need to find the book.
Agreed! That one looks awesome! :)  8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MysteryFan89

Quote from: MacGyver on June 14, 2023, 02:15:23 AMAgreed! That one looks awesome! :)  8)
Have you read the book, or are you talking about the background? I do like the background, and I hope the book is good. 

MacGyver

Quote from: MysteryFan89 on June 14, 2023, 02:42:13 AMHave you read the book, or are you talking about the background? I do like the background, and I hope the book is good.
Both! I have indeed read the book and I think it does a great job of setting up this crossover series of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys! And the background wallpaper is indeed awesome! :)  8)

MysteryFan89

Quote from: MacGyver on June 15, 2023, 06:29:26 AMBoth! I have indeed read the book and I think it does a great job of setting up this crossover series of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys! And the background wallpaper is indeed awesome! :)  8)
What was the book like? Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere. :(

tomswift2002

Quote from: MysteryFan89 on June 13, 2023, 11:45:12 PMLove this. Now I just need to find the book.
Quote from: SkyWarp on June 13, 2023, 07:42:47 PMHere is one I have replaced on the site already:

Unfortunately, for me, the AI version looks like the planet sets from "Star Trek TOS" or the first two seasons of STTNG (The Last Outpost). 

As for "Double Crossing" it was a good start for the series.  We got some back story on how Nancy attended Bayport High just before "Secrets Can Kill".  Also it setup the Nancy-Frank romance arc.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MysteryFan89

Quote from: tomswift2002 on June 15, 2023, 10:29:25 PMUnfortunately, for me, the AI version looks like the planet sets from "Star Trek TOS" or the first two seasons of STTNG (The Last Outpost). 

As for "Double Crossing" it was a good start for the series.  We got some back story on how Nancy attended Bayport High just before "Secrets Can Kill".  Also it setup the Nancy-Frank romance arc.
So Nancy must've lived close to Bayport. Wish I could get that book. No mention of Bayport High in the Files or the PC game.

MacGyver

Quote from: MysteryFan89 on June 15, 2023, 10:31:26 PMSo Nancy must've lived close to Bayport. Wish I could get that book. No mention of Bayport High in the Files or the PC game.
Tomswift2002 already mentioned some of the highlights. I haven't read it in a very long time but I do recall that the story is set on a cruise ship. It's interesting to note that one of the last books in the series also centers around a ship.(Operation Titanic)

MysteryFan89

Quote from: MacGyver on June 15, 2023, 11:22:49 PMTomswift2002 already mentioned some of the highlights. I haven't read it in a very long time but I do recall that the story is set on a cruise ship. It's interesting to note that one of the last books in the series also centers around a ship.(Operation Titanic)
I do have that one. Unfortunately, it's not one of my favorites. 

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on June 15, 2023, 11:22:49 PMTomswift2002 already mentioned some of the highlights. I haven't read it in a very long time but I do recall that the story is set on a cruise ship. It's interesting to note that one of the last books in the series also centers around a ship.(Operation Titanic)

In the Files-Casefiles continuity, Nancy lives in River Heights, Illinois, just outside Chicago (maybe 90-120 minutes) whereas Bayport is in New York State.  But in "Double Crossing" it said that Nancy was an exchange student at Bayport High.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca