Favorite Hardy Boys books of the decade

Started by SDLagent, December 30, 2009, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

With decade is coming to a close, and 2010 and a new decade, just day away, I thought this would be a good to time to look back at our favorite Hardy Boys books from the 2000s. In my opinion, this was one of the most eventful decades in Hardy Boys history, but, at the same time, it didn't produce many fan favorites. The Digests were on their last legs, and the UB have been rather unpopular. Still, there's a few books that I've really enjoyed:

tomswift2002

Daredevils (January 2000)
A Game Called Chaos (March 2000)
The Spy That Never Lies (September 2000)
Trouble In Warp Space (March 2002)
Trick-or-Trouble (September 2002)
Double Jeopardy (October 2003)
Hidden Mountain (August 2004)
Farming Fear (December 2005)
The Ocean of Osyria 3-part comic book series (November 2004-January 2005)
Wanted  (May 2006)
The Opposite Numbers (October 2006)
Haley Danelle's Top Eight (September 2008)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Training For Trouble
In Plane Sight
Wanted
The Ocean of Osyria
Murder At The Mall
Comic Con Artist
Extreme Danger

This decade (2010-2020) is not looking good for Hardy Boys books sadly. The UBs are on a rapid downhill trend, and the Secret Files don't sound very good either.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardygirl847

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on January 02, 2010, 07:30:00 PM

This decade (2010-2020) is not looking good for Hardy Boys books sadly. The UBs are on a rapid downhill trend, and the Secret Files don't sound very good either.

Even more reason to bring back the Casefiles!!! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on January 02, 2010, 07:30:00 PM

I agree, although it could be saved if DreamCatcher and Papercutz step-up the plate.

MacGyver

Daredevils
A Game Called Chaos
Past and Present Danger
Kickoff to Danger
The Test Case
Trouble In Warp Space
Trick-or-Trouble
The Mystery of the Black Rhino
Typhoon Island
Double Jeopardy
The Secret of the Soldier's Gold
Hidden Mountain
Farming Fear
One False Step

And all the comic books have been great too. I think I like those better than the Undercover Brothers series actually. It was sad to see the Digests come to an end though because I really enjoy those quite well. And I definitely have some favorites I like to reread from time to time. (And I was really tickled to see #178 and #182 actually use the classic form of titles from the original 59- i.e. "The Mystery of" and "The Secret of") :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on January 19, 2010, 03:54:20 PM
And all the comic books have been great too. I think I like those better than the Undercover Brothers series actually.

Same here.

Olivia

It's been months since I've thought about the books, so I'll just pick from some of your lists :)

Quote from: SDLagent on December 30, 2009, 07:38:05 PM

Quote from: tomswift2002 on December 31, 2009, 08:51:57 AM
Trick-or-Trouble (September 2002)

Oh yeah, and I liked Double Trouble (that book alone). I remember I stuck out with liking that one.