The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew crossover gets graphic!

Started by SDLagent, November 30, 2010, 04:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

See...this is what bothers me. If you want new and old fans to get into a series, wouldn't you want to market it or do SOMETHING to get the word out there?

Nancy Drew is certainly found in more places but she's also marketed, available to kids more often, and discussed more on the official blogs, etc.

I look at the scholastic book orders, and ND is there almost every time where as HBs appeared maybe 2 times. The book stores do not carry new HBs hardly ever.

For someone that loves the HB so much, why do I have to search the internet for something that should be easily accessible? Kids are not going to do that...unless they already love HBs (and parental permission). How do we get a new fanbase with the mentality that HBs don't need marketing?

The new and old GNs are hard to find but I think some of the kids I know would LOVE them. But nope, they are not going to be exposed to the wonders of the HB world because S &S and Papercutz don't feel the need to market.

As for sales reports...I couldn't find any official numbers, but I did find something from the Macmillan site. It appears to be a line up of new GNs. Great pictures of the covers. ND is in there as well as some other ones. Back list info for the other GN series is towards the end.

Find that link here... http://us.macmillan.com/CMS400/uploadedFiles/MacmillanSite/Non-Menu_Items/bookseller_services/Winter11PZ_cropped_reduced.pdf

Oops...part of my point was in the description for Break Up, a few numbers are thrown around. To me, they don't seem like a whole lot compared to other series, but I guess it's enough?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Looks like they've sold about 50,000 more Nancy Drew graphics than HB. I guess they're hopping this crossover will boost sales for the boys.

hardygirl847

I'm hoping the same thing. I have to wonder though...whose fault is it really?!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Apparently ours for not buying 50,000 more copies of The Hardy Boys graphic novels. ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

lol No...it's THEIR fault for not putting them out there for consumers to buy! Not everyone can buy stuff on the computer. I wouldn't even know about anything new from the HBs if I wasn't on this forum or kept up with anything. I would have no clue whatsoever. What kind of marketing is that?!

hardygirl847

Does anyone know where the cover art for Together With the Hardy Boys is from? I cannot find it on Amazon or anywhere else. It SUPER excites me for that book. Well, despite Frank's crazy hair. lol

Worst downside to it...We have to wait almost 8 more months!

SDLagent

I don't think it's been reveled, yet.

Frank's crazy hair?

hardygirl847

Check out the front page of this website and scroll down on the left side to see what's coming up. You'll see Break Up under March...and more every few months. Towards the bottom there is the following picture. That's what I'm talking about. Yes, Frank has some wild hair. lol

I was wondering where this came from because I can't find it anywhere but here! Still super cool though.

MacGyver

Cool to see the cover! Very nice. I guess the simple title is good too because it empasizes that this is the first time Nancy Drew has met up with The Hardy Boys in the comics. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Yeah but I can't find it on any site...so i don't know where this cover art came from.

MacGyver

Papercutz may have specifically sent the cover art over to Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew websites to promote the title- you can also see the cover art at NancyDrewSleuth.com as well.
http://www.nancydrewsleuth.com/sightingsbookpc.html

SDLagent

MacGyver

Cool! Thanks! Hey- when did Frank dye his hair blue?  ;D
(besides Evil, Inc.) ;)

SDLagent

It's (and Fenton's) been blue in most of the graphic novels. I've wondered why brown wasn't used to highlight his hair...

MacGyver

Well, I guess it really looks pretty blue to me particularly on this cover.