Hardy Boys Casefiles Encyclopedia Update #30

Started by SkyWarp, November 22, 2018, 11:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The characters, places, and events of Hardy Boys Casefile #30, The Deadliest Dare, have been entered into the Hardy Boys Encyclopedia.

SkyWarp

I didn't remember this book at all.  I had foggy memories of not liking this book, but now that I have reread it, I actually liked it very well.  In fact, it is probably one of my all-time favorites now too.   I didn't remember much of anything with this book. 

Anyway, this book was filled with all kinds of little tidbits from the past.  Several past books are referenced and several places mentioned in previous books were also referenced. 

Kirkland has now shown up three times so far in the series.  Even Chartwell Academy gets a quick mention again.  Virtually all the chums show up or at least get mentioned. 

And we have a cliffhanger no less.  Is Curt Branders dead?  A loose end to this day? 

MacGyver

It's been a very long time since I've read The Deadliest Dare and I rather liked it. I particularly recall that it started with a sneeze. I thought having "Ah-choo!" as the first line was a neat opening line.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

CalvinKnox

I always liked it, it was the second Casefiles that I ever read, after Flight into Danger.

SkyWarp

I just noticed that Chartwell Academy gets a third mention in Casefile #37.