#110 The Secret Of Sigma Seven (29th Anniversary Review)

Started by tomswift2002, September 17, 2021, 08:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Published: October 1991
Publisher: Minstrel Books Paperback (1991-2000); Aladdin Digital Edition (2014-Present)

Plot:  The Hardy Boys meetStar Wars at a sci-fi convention and things go out of control!

Review:  Yes, this Mystery Stories book is available digitally.  And as of this writing, Amazon.com's cheapest paperback listing is $769 USD (there are cheaper ones on other sites.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

I remember the most unrealistic thing about this story was someone dodging a bullet after the trigger was pulled.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

MacGyver

That's not unrealistic if it's Superman- he's faster than a speeding bullet, after all. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

It's funny, but The Secret of Sigma Seven is feeling very much like a Casefile: specifically The Last Laugh.  I wonder if it was meant for the Casefiles but then reworked for the Mystery Stories.

Now then one plot element in this book, while still relevant today is also outdated today.  Bootleg videos!  Sure people still make bootlegs, but instead of selling physical media, a lot of times you can find it online!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca